Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting again

Hi everyone,

2 years in January I started a weight loss journey and had amazing results. I was fitter and slimmer than I have ever been and was so happy within myself, not to mention how much healthier I felt.

Then came a bereavement that pushed me off the wagon, then a boyfriend who likes pizza just as much as I do.

I think you have to be ready mentally to start a weight loss journey and I'm finally there. I've put all the weight back on and then some, but this time I am determined to lose it for GOOD, with motivation from the MFP community.

So please add me as a friend if you want to motivate me and get the motivation you need in return :) WE GOT THIS!

:)

Replies

• KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    I've got basically the same story (substitute pizza for ice cream, chips, chocolate...) and started back two days ago. Add me if you'd like :)
  • jewelzy2016
    jewelzy2016 Posts: 1 Member
    I lost close to 60 pounds a few years ago, gained back 20, somewhat same scenrios. I've been struggling on watching what I eat (suck at keeping track big time even thru this app) and working out. I know Ill never get back down to 110 at age 40, but I need to drop 20 to 30 pounds and then tone up the lose skin. I start then slack off cause I get burned out. Sooo frustrated. Got a Bachelorette party in December Im going to and would love to be down 15 by then if possible.
  • Tucker3306
    Tucker3306 Posts: 54 Member
    It's tough when your children, spouse, friends, etc...eat unhealthy. My wife would rather eat a bullet then workout. Surround yourself with like minded people and keep killing it.
  • AmyLou_21
    AmyLou_21 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey! I lost over a stone earlier this year (Jan-July) but have since put about half of that back on! Have been really flippant with food and exercise and just generally being lazy and not being accountable! Today I tried a dress on and what I saw in the mirror almost made me cry...after all the hard work at the beginning of this year! I would really love someone to spur me on so I will add you if that's ok! X
  • jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    I have just joined as well. Had lost 40 pounds a year ago and have gained most of it back. Would love to have more friends help me through. Please feel free to add me
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Add me too! I previously lost 40lbs but have had some ups and downs. I'm a mom of 2 little kiddos and have been trying to lock down my workouts and calorie intake the past month or two.
  • shannanicole77
    shannanicole77 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, I can so relate to where you are coming from. Started 3 years ago after a really rough pregnancy and a bout of postpartum depression. Lost 70 pounds and felt healthier, happier and more confident than I ever had. I even studied and passed my Certified Personal Trainer Exam. But then I was almost too happy, the motivation and drive that kept me pushing toward reaching my goals wasn't as strong. I felt like I had finally made it, and in all that celebrating I somehow seemed to put 40 pounds back on. It's been such a let down....but like you, I want to create an environment that helps me keep the weight off for good - happy or sad.

I've started again with MFP to really work on finding a balance with it all and surround myself with like minded people. You are so right about being mentally ready for all phases of the journey and I wish you the very best in yours. YOU GOT THIS!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I'm on round 2 of major weight loss too and this time for good as well. First time was a crash diet and I didn't understand about CICO or how to maintain my weight loss. Went from almost a size 16 to a size 4 but could only maintain for about 2 years. Stress and some rough patches in life took their toll too and now it's almost 10 years later and I got back up to the same starting weight (165) and I'm doing it again (down about 7 pounds so far now) - and this time in a healthful way and much more informed.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    I can relate!! I lost 60 lbs three years ago then had baby number 2 and gained 15 back
  • kspringer23
    kspringer23 Posts: 1 Member
    When I was reading this I thought I was viewing my own story! I'm in pretty much the same boat, had previously lost 50 pounds, but gained a few back! Looking to finally stay on track for more than a few weeks at a time and make it a complete lifestyle change! Especially bc my fiancé and I are getting married in less than a year! Let's hope that's motivation enough