Any losing weight with no exercise success stories?

Options
I'm in need of some motivation! I've put on a lot of weight over the past year and am back on the band wagon. I've previously lost about 60lbs with diet and exercise but this time round I'm trying to lose with no exercise as I'm on my feet all day at work.

I'm 5'3, wanting to lose 20lbs and am eating around 1300 cals a day.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I had 30lbs to lose and i lost 24 of those whilst being very sedentary, like 2-3k steps a day sedentary. If you're in a calorie deficit you will lose weight, exercise can help, but it is not needed.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Me-lost 50lbs with no exercise at all. I control my weight by how many calories I eat and have done so throughout my weight loss phase and now in maintenance.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I lost 50 of my 60 only walking a tiny bit a week (wouldnt even add up to most peoples daily steps)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The first 25# I lost was without any additional exercise. After that, I just felt more like walking and added weight training because it felt good.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I cut from 195 to 150 in about four or five months while sitting on my *kitten* and playing video games. Granted, I ended up skinnyfat as *kitten*, and am currently working on fixing that part, via bulk/cut cycles.
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep, 72 pounds with very little exercise. The key is the calories in vs. calories used. You can do it!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It can be done but the question is "are you patient?" I have 32 pounds to lose and am on 1200 calories and am losing about a half to a full pound per week. If you are cool with that then I say don't worry about exercise. When I walk (which I do daily) I get an extra hundred calories or so and usually eat about half of them. Again only half to one pound per week that way. In all fairness I must mention I am 60 years old and have already lost 65 pounds so that could be a factor. Frankly I walk for the extra 100 calories and the stress reduction. Good luck kiddo.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am currently 10kg (22lb) into my weight loss - I've reached my first goal, but now around 5kg to go.

I was extremely sedentary earlier this year after an injury last year (completely stuck on the couch for 2 months, and then slowly building up enough muscle to be able to walk again), so I started off with just adjusting my eating.

As I have progressed with physiotherapy and healing, I have got somewhat back to my previous level of mobility - but just in terms of regular daily activites, not exercising really.

I have a desk job but try and move around as much as I can around the office, plus walk for short errands (to the local bank etc).
    We got a dog a couple of months ago, so walking her is my main "exercise".
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have!! lost 40 pounds so far just typing and working at my desk. Granted I do walk in and out of my house and office to get into my work station. So it is quite possible if you do not go over your caloric levels as I never have!
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to know how long it took to lose the weight without exercise?
  • brentfostwood904
    brentfostwood904 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I lost about 2 stone in 6 months, from 14.5 to 12.5 stone. I just lay in bed most of the day and didnt eat much, because I was depressed. The problem is I lost muscle as well as fat when that happened. As well as obviously I would have been deficient in a lot of nutrients at that time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ajc1309 wrote: »

4mths for 24lbs
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3", too. Went from 142 to 117 lbs with no exercise. Took about 6 mos, if I remember correctly. I've been at maintenance for a couple of years.

I lost at 1lb/wk until I got in the 120's, then it slowed to 0.5lb/wk, and the last couple of pounds were 0.25lb/mo.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

As stated, about four to five months to drop 45 lbs., from 195 to 150. That said, I'm also a 5'10" male, and was eating 1330-1400 kcal/day.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

6 months for 55 pounds for me.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 lbs and am on day 122. No exercise yet.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    May 17 to date 40 NO exercise, nada, zilch, none... 5' 10 Man, eating 1760 max per day (pat on back)