Skating for Core and Cardio

Options
Hi everyone, I've been skating for the last couple months in replace of mountain biking for my daily cardio. I used to skate all the time when I was in High school and remembered it was a huge part of my life back then. I wanted to rekindle that love I once had for skating.

My goal is to try and make it somewhat of a good cardio routine. I try and get as much hang time (being in the air) as I can. I spend about a hour a day street skating on my lunch breaks. What I noticed at first was how much of a workout it was on the legs, thighs and core. For the first month I was really sore. Now after doing it again for a couple months the soreness has gone but it still elevates the hell out of my heart rate. (more so than mountain biking).

Has anyone else tried incorporating skateboarding into your cardio routine or am I alone here? I would like to find out if anyone has had good results by doing so.

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used to be skating several times a week in one for or another (roller, ice and skateboarding). Ended up stopping all exercise due to illness, but was certainly fittest I've ever been.
    Can't really comment on results as all my goals were skating inclined, eg mastering jumps, routines etc. However one thing lots of people including every pt I've had, is how strong my core is. Assume it's down to the various skating activities and exercises I used to supplement it.