not sure what I should be doing

Options
I don't know what exercises I should be doing. can anyone give me some ideas?

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    What fitness level are you at? What kinds of things are you interested in?

I know when I started out, I did Biggest Loser dvds, Walk Away the Pounds, outside walking, and things like that. I also eventually did Turbo Jam.

Now that I am more in shape, I run, do Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme, use the treadmill, and do other videos.

So many people do so many different exercises that there is not a "one size fits all."
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you enjoy - walking is easy and a great place to start.
    If you want to run google C25K.
    If you want to work out at home look for DVDs at your local stores.
    Swimming is fun, specially if it's hot where you live. If you have dogs or kids then running around like a mad thing is a great way to get moving too :)
    Basically, just move - there is no right of wrong.
  • Lucky79z28
    Lucky79z28 Posts: 31
    Options
    keep moving! Burn more than you eat and you will be fine!
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Start very simply. If you have not ever been a fan of excercising, don't think of it as excercising! My mantra is "Eat less move more." Four words.

Move every day. Something, anything. When you are going to the store, don't park near it, park further away. Seems simple, but a great place to start.

Drink more water. I make myself drink 8 ounces BEFORE I eat anything. I make it a "rule", because I do better when I think that way.

Do you like to watch tv? During commercials, walk up and down the stairs. Just on commercials, not running or anything, just moving.

Do you live in walking distance to a store? Walk to buy the paper in the morning.

When you are eating, pay attention to portion size. Try not to eat while doing something else like reading, you end up eating much more than you realize. I can polish off an entire bag of cookies while reading a book, just mindlessly munching away.

After a few weeks, bump up what you are doing by little bits. Replace a not-so-healty snack with something slightly better.

Small changes to start, and stay positive!!! Let us know how you are doing. :wink:
  • alimauer
    alimauer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Walking, Tredding Water, Going to the Metro Parks, Climbing through the nature (like rocks and river) is always pretty and u dont even know ur burning calories...but then again u do know...Ummm yea thats what I have been doing! As long as are increasing your heart rate...like you feel it