Tyroid nodule shrinking ???

Options
yanicka
yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
3 years ago I've noticed a lump on my throat. I went to see the doctor and had a U/S and a cytho ponction to make sure it was not cancerous. It was not. My nodule was about 3 cm in diameter (a bit bigger than 1 inch). Since it was not too problematic I didn't have it removed. Fast foward a few weeks ago. With my fingers I can clearly feel that my nodule is shrinking. Now it feel less then 1cm. Do anyone know if a healthy living can have that effect on tyroid nodule???? Anyway I am really happy about it.

Replies

• plummersmate
    Options
    I've no idea about thyroid nodules but I have a small pea sized nodule on my scalp towards the top/back of my head and I've noticed that as I increase in size so does my nodule. I'm working on shrinking it at the minute as I decided I didn't want to grow a second head - otherwise I'd have to give it a name, lol.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am glad it was not cancerous, and not giving you trouble breathing or swallowing! I honestly do not know very much about this, but have heard that they can shrink with a good dose of iodine in a person's diet. Congrats on the shrinkage and healthy living as well. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I know a few years back while pg I had a nodule under my armpit, had an echo done, was considered adipeux (a fat deposit, an extra from my voluminus boobs:embarassed: ), since then it is gone, so could that be what you are experimenting.

anywho, call your doctor and ask him the question he's best to answer you regarding this
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Do you have hypothryroide issues and on syntroide? perhaps need to get you TSH bloodwork tested and adjust your medication perhaps
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Do you have hypothryroide issues and on syntroide? perhaps need to get you TSH bloodwork tested and adjust your medication perhaps

My TSH is ok and I am not taking any RX