Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    spiveaa wrote: »
    lshtgu26j06a.jpg

Omg..its you ..with a tummy lol :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    316948501074d175ff8019ef1a7d0940.gif

aaaaawwwwww...my day is now happy!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    z1pqp20mn42h.jpg

I found this extremely inspiring :-)
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Have you ever let yourself go? Like really let yourself go to crap for so long that you don't even notice it anymore? Until one day your laying in bed like a slob and your ankle itches so you scratch it with your other foot and cut yourself with a toenail. Has that ever happened to you? Me neither.

I must admit going more than two days without shaving thy legs is a problem for me...

I hope this does not turn out to be some sort of contest we enter..
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Have you ever let yourself go? Like really let yourself go to crap for so long that you don't even notice it anymore? Until one day your laying in bed like a slob and your ankle itches so you scratch it with your other foot and cut yourself with a toenail. Has that ever happened to you? Me neither.

I must admit going more than two days without shaving thy legs is a problem for me...

I hope this does not turn out to be some sort of contest we enter..

Lol. During the winter, I will admit to not shaving my legs as regularly as I should. I'm just in leggings or jeans all the time. There's no urgency to shave!

No urgency for me except I do run outside in the winter and well lets say porcupine legs are a distraction..

I have let mine grow out long enough to use that "neet hair removal" and that takes forever and day to grow it out long enough to use the product.. pointless way to shave the legs.. I am almost embarrassed to say I tried that once..
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I have. I don't remember much about it though. It was kind of a haze. After I lost my twins babies. My milk came in so I had to put cabbage leaves in my bra to dry it up, I didn't even shower. I wore my robe 24/7. My body hurt. I had to function to manage my kids and keep them going....but I don't remember much. I do remember telling my mom "Its been three months...I guess I have to start living again" and I started to get it together. But I'm sure during that time I completely let myself go and I didn't care one bit.

epxm82iyp1ye.gif
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options

I have. I don't remember much about it though. It was kind of a haze. After I lost my twins babies. My milk came in so I had to put cabbage leaves in my bra to dry it up, I didn't even shower. I wore my robe 24/7. My body hurt. I had to function to manage my kids and keep them going....but I don't remember much. I do remember telling my mom "Its been three months...I guess I have to start living again" and I started to get it together. But I'm sure during that time I completely let myself go and I didn't care one bit.

:(
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Have you ever let yourself go? Like really let yourself go to crap for so long that you don't even notice it anymore?

From around 30ish until 38.

Got married, had kids, got buried in my career, worked to finish two more degrees, had marriage issues, and finally...it all snapped. I mean, I did exercise, but I didn't have a plan or any commitment. If I did it, great. I I didn't do it, even better. I don't recall much of those years mentally or physically, except when I snapped out of it getting close to 40 I couldn't stand myself and started to be honest about everything. I was 40+ pounds overweight, had a failing relationship, and had stuck my head in my work to ignore everything at the expense of time I should have spent with my kids. It was time to change.

Or something like that.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Hugs to you sweetie. My middle pregnancy was with twins but only one survived. The dynamic of that situation was so emotionally difficult on me. I felt guilty to mourn because one was healthy and I felt guilty for being grateful that one made it.

(((hugs to both of you))) I completely understand both of these situations and yes, I have let myself go to the point I didn't care. Mine was when I lost my first daughter at almost full term. She took only a few breaths. It took me a year to find myself again. Then when my son was born 3 years later I was overjoyed yet full of guilt at the same time. So happy I had him and he was healthy but felt so guilty that I couldn't save my daughter and she wasn't there with us.
  • jadelois
    jadelois Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jadelois wrote: »
    RAD_7098-Edit-XL.jpg

Where is this? I am holidaying in completely the wrong places!

The North Cascades. :smile:

http://www.summitpost.org/mount-spickard/153525
    http://www.summitpost.org/mount-rahm/153619

Thanks. It looks amazing!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Hugs to you sweetie. My middle pregnancy was with twins but only one survived. The dynamic of that situation was so emotionally difficult on me. I felt guilty to mourn because one was healthy and I felt guilty for being grateful that one made it.

(((hugs to both of you))) I completely understand both of these situations and yes, I have let myself go to the point I didn't care. Mine was when I lost my first daughter at almost full term. She took only a few breaths. It took me a year to find myself again. Then when my son was born 3 years later I was overjoyed yet full of guilt at the same time. So happy I had him and he was healthy but felt so guilty that I couldn't save my daughter and she wasn't there with us.

Come here and let me give you a hug too! @liftinglady5 is right, we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

That is for sure! Definitely way stronger than we realize.
This discussion has been closed.