Hi there! Any vegetarians out there who want to befriend a M

Options
Hi there, wanted to say Hi there and I'm really excited to join such a great community and tool. I don't know anyone using this site, so would love some fellow veggie (and non veggie!) friends. I've been veggie on since 15 years ago, taking breaks for study abroad and life changes. I'm vegan when I can, but I have a love affair with cheese that it hard to resist. I also married a man from WI so that doesn’t help.

I've always been pretty good about balancing my eating and exercise, but with MFP I'm going to be a lot more honest with myself and my 'balanced' eating habits. While I do a have a crazy life happening around me (new city, toddler, new job) I'm also ready to get started on the new me.

Good luck to all, I love reading the stories and seeing your success and hope to have success too.

Thanks!

Replies

• ampott02
    ampott02 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was veggie for a little over a year, then for one reason or another I couldn't keep doing it :P but I definitely felt great while I was doing it and wish I could have kept it up! Good luck to you! With the help of this site and the support from all the wonderful people here, I know you will reach your goals!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I eat vegan for health reasons and am looking into going raw. I sent you a friend request. This site is the BEST! :flowerforyou:
  • mmelaragno
    mmelaragno Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it is such a great site! I am also a vegetarian and would love to be friends!!
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I would say I am mostly vegetarian, I eat fish occasionally and every now and then I break down and eat a little chidken. I have been on here for just over a month now and find it an amazing tool. You can add me if you want. Good luck to you and welcome.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a pescatarian (eat fish a lot but not meat) or a "half-arsed vegetarian" as my son's ex once said. Would love to add you as a friend. Not sure if I could go completely vegan tho

Sue :smile: x
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeap, I'm a vegetarian we are everywhere...
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am veggie, and am always looking for like minded people :) I'll send you an add xx
  • sarahsfaith
    sarahsfaith Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian as well... and I'm trying to gain weight...
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello! I've been flirting with the idea of becoming a vegetarian for about a year. The idea actually helped me to jump start my life change by going Meatless on Mondays.

This site is really awesome and the people are even more so!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Katiejoycex
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this site too, although far from new to dieting haha :) I'm a veggie aswell, which I think is definitely an advantage with calorie counting diets because meat replacements like quorn almost always have less calories than whatever they're pretending to be :) I don't think I could be vegan though, too much of a love affair going on with cheese :D
  • Pat11d
    Pat11d Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am vegetarian also. I've been meat-free for 2 1/2 years so far.

I just joined yesterday so feel free to add me.
  • _CLEAN_
    _CLEAN_ Posts: 6
    Options
    Due to a love of animals I am a vegetarian and I am always trying to move towards vegan. Add away!
  • juliba
    juliba Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

im also a vegetarian (for about 5 years).
    i was vegan for 1 and a 1/2 yrs, but couldnt keep up, its too hard to eat in reastaurants, specially here in brazil where the vegetarian culture is really weak and we dont have a lot of vegan products avalible on the market.

the thing is, i lost a lot of wheight when i gave up beeing vegan, now im fighting my way back!

anyway, im glad to see a lot of veggies out here, we can help each other with recepies and stuff

anyone can feel free to add! :)

(and sorry bout my bad english, not my main language hehe)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I am also veggie, but I do consume dairy, eggs and fish. I have been doing so for that last 3.5 mths or so. I am not against meat or anything...I would most likely still eat it if I hadn't watched "Food Inc." - after seeing it I couldn't stomach the thought of consuming all stuff that is pumped into the animals. If anyone is thinking about going veggie, watch "Food Inc." and see what you think.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me :)
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a veg too! Unfortunately for me, chocolate and cheese are vegetarian!!! I toy with the idea of going vegan, but as of yet, I haven''t even made it through a 30 day pledge. Glad to know there's so many other veggies here, we are way under-represented on other sites. Anyone can feel free to add me if they are interested..
  • K251
    K251 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm always trying to be more veggie but living with my boyfriend who is a true carnivore is tough! Feel free to add me. I would love some recipes or dinner ideas :)