Military diet

Options
Has anyone ever tried the military diet? I'm so curious to hear about people's results. I know it's not ever a recommended long term solution but I thought it was an interesting emergency plan and I've never heard of it.

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    One of my friends on here tried it and was able to stick to it for only one day. It's basically a nonsense diet and too low in calories. Not really worth trying in my opinion.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You won't learn anything from it. Try logging your regular meals in MFP instead.
  • mutesigorg
    mutesigorg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well... I tried it haha. These comments were great! Most of my initial thoughts! The diet averaged out to 1200 calories a day which is only 100 calories under my regular intake. I was never hungry or sick and I did my regular dance classes each day. It was only weird because most of the food incorporated I don't usually eat. Tuna, grapefruit, saltine crackers, ice cream- none were items I regularly consume. I weigh myself tomorrow morning and I'll mention what happened. And there is no emergency, no rush. I just get tired of reading things sometimes and like to try them myself - such conflicting opinions I don't know what to listen to. And it's only 3 days. Figured I wouldn't die... and so far I'm still here. :smile:
  • mutesigorg
    mutesigorg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I didn't know. I asked and then I decided to try it. Notice it was started after the post :smiley:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    There really aren't "conflicting opinions". Just because something is on the Internet doesn't mean anyone takes it seriously. It just means lots of desperate people fall for it.

We are saying how ridiculous this diet is BECAUSE we are supportive and positive. We don't want people wasting time with fake fad diets like this and getting discouraged. And there are lots of newbies who lurk in threads like this one and we want them to be informed!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :drinker: I will be eating and drinking off-plan LOL

This.

OP, I have fallen for this diet...twice. Yeah.
    This is how I figured out it was BS