Protein Powder

Options
Any budget friendly protein powder recommendations ? I'm planning on trying to eliminate dairy from my diet to see if my ezcema improves as we had remarkable results doing this with my son. A lot of my intake is usually from dairy products so I'm looking for something to help me with the transition.

Replies

• Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Dang :o Maybe I'll just be eating a lot more chicken & tuna!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Body fortress is at walmart and is fairly cheap, so is Pure Protein at Target. If you know a protein powder that you like, I would consider doing a bigger investment up front and get a 5 lb tube. Per lb is generally is a cheaper option.

I like Dymatize, EAS, Muscle Milk, Premier Protein and Quest.

Others popular brands tend to be ON, PreScience, etc..
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein is usually my go to if I'm low on protein but it has milk protein.

Doing more reading I am seeing that food allergy triggering ezcema is more common in children. My son's cleared up within 24- 48 hours of eliminating dairy so I'm going to try removing for a week or so and if there is no change I will go back to eating dairy products.

My labs showed my stress hormone levels were high and I've also read stress can cause ezcema flare ups. So who knows, really
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can either look at whey isolates, or plant based proteins.
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have lots of patients who do really well with this. It's a little more expensive. However, it is tasteless and colorless.

http://shopmusclegen.com/protein?product_id=172
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Also, my brother uses Nutiva Organic Plant Protein Superfood 30 Shake. I don't know how great the taste is, but he has to stay away from dairy and this is his go to.
  • anferkneez
    anferkneez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein is usually my go to if I'm low on protein but it has milk protein.

Doing more reading I am seeing that food allergy triggering ezcema is more common in children. My son's cleared up within 24- 48 hours of eliminating dairy so I'm going to try removing for a week or so and if there is no change I will go back to eating dairy products.

My labs showed my stress hormone levels were high and I've also read stress can cause ezcema flare ups. So who knows, really

I had very bad eczema for a year straight. I had a very stressful job at the time. I switched jobs and switched my laundry detergent with free and clear. Eczema is gone, so I figured it was one of the two. Hope this helps.