What were your weird pregnancy cravings?

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
I would love hear what some other people strange/unusual cravings.

So far I have not craved anything too weird. Mostly just salty food. However, earlier today had my first weird craving abd it was a disgusting in my head, but loved it. It was for day old, cold homemade pizza. Okay, so it's not the weirdest but it was certainly strange for me.

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper and cinnamon rolls.
  • elphie754
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

That sounds good!! My drink cravings have been for diet Barq's rootbeer
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    LOBSTER
  • papple227
    papple227 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of breath mints and tic tacs. I'd have 4 different types of mints and every single kind of tic tacs in my bag at all times. Now I can barely even look at them on the shelves at stores.
  • elphie754
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    LOBSTER

Yum! Although mybIb said no more than 1-2 servings of seafood a week.
    papple227 wrote: »
    I ate a lot of breath mints and tic tacs. I'd have 4 different types of mints and every single kind of tic tacs in my bag at all times. Now I can barely even look at them on the shelves at stores.

Kind of like me with ginger ale. Mom always made us drink it whe sick, now the tastebuds it makes me sick.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    johunt615 wrote: »

That sounds good!! My drink cravings have been for diet Barq's rootbeer

It was 30 years ago I was young. It was good I had to have my cinnamon roll with my Dr. Pepper and not one without the other.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I loved cheesy dip and nacho chips. I usually don't eat that. What surprised me most during pregnancy was my food aversions. I hated beef gravy and mashed potatoes. I also hated beef stew.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Meat and milk. That was all I could eat. Every meal was basically a double cheeseburger with no bun and I drank 2 gallons of milk per week.
  • Jeannie3099
    Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sex. Then chocolate.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Meat and milk. That was all I could eat. Every meal was basically a double cheeseburger with no bun and I drank 2 gallons of milk per week.

Such a bodybuilding bulking pregnancy diet ;)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Such a bodybuilding bulking pregnancy diet ;)

Haha this was pre-bodybuilding days, but carrying around 250 pounds while eating meat and dairy may have resulted in some gainz. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't remember any cravings but just thinking of teriyaki chicken still makes me gag. My son is 20.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My mom craved tires when she was pregnant with one of my sisters. Tires. Like, the rubber things that go round and round.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    oatmeal. it wasnt' a taste craving exactly. but i would wake up at 3 am raving hungry and absolutely have to get into the kitchen and cook real oatmeal, in a pot. and then i'd break up an orange into little chunks and mix it in, and eat it neat without even looking for somewhere to sit.

it was like the little girl escaping from baba yaga and throwing things down behind her that she hoped would slow the witch down at least for a while. dead-plain oatmeal with an orange mixed in was the only thing. i still eat it this way, actually.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My mom craved tires when she was pregnant with one of my sisters. Tires. Like, the rubber things that go round and round.

:open_mouth:

My mom craved....cigarettes. :/
    oatmeal. it wasnt' a taste craving exactly. but i would wake up at 3 am raving hungry and absolutely have to get into the kitchen and cook real oatmeal, in a pot. and then i'd break up an orange into little chunks and mix it in, and eat it neat without even looking for somewhere to sit.

it was like the little girl escaping from baba yaga and throwing things down behind her that she hoped would slow the witch down at least for a while. dead-plain oatmeal with an orange mixed in was the only thing. i still eat it this way, actually.

OMG....BABA YAGA!!!!!!!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would eat a piece of fried chicken breast that had to be on the bone but when I would get anywhere near the bone...after two bites. it would turn my stomach and I'd give it to dad. I did this a bunch with my second and I hated pickled anything. My first, I would smell the pineapples from anywhere in the store and have to buy one and eat immediately...and stale chocolate covered donuts with oj. Omg.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    First child ...A sandwich ..with plain chips (crisps) and a smear of vegemite..

Second child was strawberry junket and lime cordial ..no cravings with 3rd or 4th ..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Not mine, I've never been pregnant, but my cousin craved melons in the middle of winter last year. It was one of those things that we only get seasonally. Her poor husband spent the better part of the day searching from mall to mall to find ANY kind of melon. He finally did, it was 6x the price and it wasn't even ripe. She sprinkled some salt on it and ate it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nothing much.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Hostess chocolate pudding pies, but only lasted 2 weeks. I got so much flak from the OB nurses for not changing my diet! "All that Mt. Dew is going to kill your baby!" No love, it just made green her favorite color.
    mcpa616i9w71.jpg