Motivate!

Options
Hi y'all I have been a fitness pal member for a few yrs now. I have tried so many times to get the weight off with no results:( i have never stuck to it Im embarrassed to say and now Ill be 50 on Nov 22 and I know if I dont start now the many years I could potentially live in the future will be cut short becoz of my unhealthy lifestyle. Im on meds for bipolar, have hypothyroidism and acid reflux everything it seems going against me. One positive tho is I quit smoking in august (after over 35+yrs) but Ive put on another 18lbs and the weight keeps creeping up on me. Im 5ft5in and 220lbs, I know I need to lose the weight, and my partner, who is in great shape, deserves many more happy yrs, active& healthy, plz post any ideas on diet, tips, motivation etc. Thanks in advance! Jo ♥

Replies

• dibsib
    dibsib Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Headed to 50 in February, not the body I plan on starting this next phase!! I lack motivation, and a plan, had this app before but never actually used it... so here goes!! :)
  • macsndy
    macsndy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've use this on and of for a couple years. When I use it I lose, when I stop it goes back up. I have been good for the last 2 months and lost 20.4 lbs. I eat what I like just stay with in the calories. Give it a try and hope you see results!! P.S. Once I turned 50 the weight comes of harder and harder,lol
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Been here three years, lost48 lbs and 69 years old, you can do it but it's not a quick fix it's lifelong changes to make. Good luck you can do it