What are you currently reading on your Kindle/Nook?

Options

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Stephanie Plum books, hysterical, aren't they?
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Here, Home, Hope by: Kaira Rouda This was a very inspirational book for me! I loved it!! :)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Patricia Cornwell- Any of her Kay Scarpetta series.
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    A Dance With Dragons by Geroge R.R. Martin.

When I finish it, I will probably pick up the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I am on book 9 or 10 of that series, but I it has been so long since I read them that I don't remember what is happening.

I also may finish the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am maybe 1/4 of the way through the book and I find it dull so far. It's one of the only books I have started and not finished. My husband tells me it gets really good about 1/2 way through... but it has been a struggle.
  • AmyBMelt13
    AmyBMelt13 Posts: 20
    Options
    Just finished reading The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. Now I'm on to The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    "Is this the Real Life? The Untold Story of Queen" by Mark Blake
    "Omnitopia Dawn" by Diane Duane (listening during my commute)
    "Iphone Programming, The Big Nerd Ranch Guide"
  • chachii26
    chachii26 Posts: 45
    Options
    Heart of the Matter-Emily Griffin.....She's my new favorite author!!
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Joe- wow 100 novels in 2011 and I thought I was doing something with 20 for the summer. ha ha

So ok .... Reading 3 books at once.

Some like it hot by Nancy Martin (great funny mystery series)
    Wicked by Gregory Maguire (If you are a lover of the Wizard of Oz, you should check it out)
    Life's a Beach by Claire Cook ( I got it because I wanted a beach read, and this book is not that great) listening during my commute

Happy Reading everyone!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's an actual book--a trilogy bound together, really: Rabbit, Run; Rabbit Redux; and Rabbit is Rich by John Updike. Loving his writing style!
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicle series. I am on book 2 - The Wise Man's Fear. SO GOOD!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3 going at once. One actual book, one on CD in the car, and one Playaway for when I'm walking or whatever. Then sometimes, I have a kindle app on my iPod ......
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    A Dance With Dragons by Geroge R.R. Martin.

When I finish it, I will probably pick up the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I am on book 9 or 10 of that series, but I it has been so long since I read them that I don't remember what is happening.

I also may finish the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am maybe 1/4 of the way through the book and I find it dull so far. It's one of the only books I have started and not finished. My husband tells me it gets really good about 1/2 way through... but it has been a struggle.

For the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, you have to get past about the first 100 pages and then you seriously can't put it down. I had that same problem and then I got past that first part and I seriously could not stop reading until I was done with the series!!
  • bigmoman76
    Options
    The Count of Monte Cristo, for the second time. A must-read classic.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    "Insomnia" by Stephen King
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Bigmoman I just bought that book and am looking forward to reading it. I saw the movie and loved it, I was hoping the book would be as good or better
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I'm reading 1. The Bible for the second time. 2. Ya-yas in Bloom 3. Water for Elephants

Love all three of them. I read my Bible scriptures for the day (doing the Bible in a year program again); then I read a couple of chapters of the Ya-ya's in Bloom; at Night, I read Water for Elephants
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    One of the Free Friday books from B&N....Dark Legacy I think it's called....

I've got a To Be Read list to last a lifetime LOL....but right now I'm focusing on completing 100 novels in 2011 Challenge....you can follow what I've read so far this year here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/4256894-joe-hempel?shelf=read

How neat .. thanks for the idea to keep the list I want to read organized :)
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire book 5)

Wish I had more time to read it, though... maybe I'll get in some good reading time this weekend.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Joe- wow 100 novels in 2011 and I thought I was doing something with 20 for the summer. ha ha

Twenty was my goal for the summer, too! I'm halfway there.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    A Lyndsay Sands romance, Water for Elephants, and Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads.:smile: