Checking in after 6 months (60 pounds lost)

Options
Well gang, I felt particularly discouraged today. You get days where you feel like your are on top of it all - work, life, health. Then you get days where you feel like everything is going to sh-t. Today was one of those days and I almost deleted my account (for the 4th time). Obviously, I'm still here.

I wanted to make one of these post for a while now, so here it is. First two pictures were taken in July of this year. I was 293 lbs. The last two pictures were taken a couple of hours ago. I am currently 235 lbs. I lost 58 lbs and went from size 42 waste to 36. I'm 10 lbs away from my primary goal - 225 lbs. Ultimately, I want to get into a 200-210 lbs range and focus more on lifting. CAN'T WAIT for that. :)

p6gysovzbnxg.jpg

dtfjv54r9qta.jpg

ff0yqbp0nuce.jpg

ceh8gg1lcfw0.jpg

I will post another comparison once I get to my ultimate goal.

Replies

• ejb499
    ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Landoficeandsnow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • gigma67
    gigma67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How you achieve your goal plz sugest something to me also. I am 5"0 and 145 pounds. And they are suggesting me to take 1200 cals per day
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    awesome job! congrats!
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Keep your chin up, you are badass!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Wow...just wow..what a difference ..you've done an amazing job, congrats on your hardwork paying off.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome result man! You've accomplished so much, why do you want to give it up? We all have some down moments at times, weight loss is tough on the body and mind too. I found the help and support from community and friends on MFP is why this thing works. Together we will all succeed!

Take care
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    looking great!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You look great! Sorry you feel discouraged. I see lots of success though.
  • MelanieAtPlay
    MelanieAtPlay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't quit. You've worked hard to get where you are. Don't let that work go to waste. *speaking from experience*
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job - you look like a new man.
  • traskin5918
    traskin5918 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Buddy, you look fantastic and you've inspired me to keep working at it .... I've started out in pretty much the same place as you and am currently 17 pounds down and somedays get a bit more challenging than others but seeing your results is inspiring. Thanks man !
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you've already been lifting!

Great job!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! There are always bad days or days where you mess up, but keep going. Look at all the progress you've made so far, you can do this!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Buddy, you look fantastic and you've inspired me to keep working at it .... I've started out in pretty much the same place as you and am currently 17 pounds down and somedays get a bit more challenging than others but seeing your results is inspiring. Thanks man !

It is my pleasure! Thank you for your words. Just take it a day at a time!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fit!

• Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    bele2009 wrote: »
    Awesome result man! You've accomplished so much, why do you want to give it up? We all have some down moments at times, weight loss is tough on the body and mind too. I found the help and support from community and friends on MFP is why this thing works. Together we will all succeed!

Take care

Thank you! I agree 100%.
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    You look awesome! There are always bad days or days where you mess up, but keep going. Look at all the progress you've made so far, you can do this!

Thank you! I'll just keep at it a day at a time.
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! Stay tuned for more pics once I get rid of the last 20 lbs. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!