Need Tips on Hitting Food Goals

Options
So I've been on myfitnesspal before but now I'm using it for weight and muscle gain. As I've been doing my logs for the past few weeks I notice I can never get up to my calorie (protein, carb, etc.) goals. I have never had much of an appetite in my life (I will naturally eat as little as 1300 calories a day if left to my own devises) and have very little time and energy to be cooking forever a day.

I'm in graduate school. Most days I only have a few hours in the afternoon where I'm not working, studying, or in a lecture hall. I had a personal trainer make me set of weight lifting workouts that I have been using and am loving for their results but have no clue what size weights I should be using there either. But either way I'm always under calories and then I go and burn more during my workouts. I'm just getting farther from what I'm trying to do. I know I'll make myself sick at this rate.

I need find recipes that are high in protein and calories, that are cheap, and that I can cook in large batches on the weekend to take to work with me for breakfast and lunch. Also I think I need tips on how to time and portion out food (eating more frequently) to prevent getting full so easily. I find when I do pack myself a good lunch that if I eat it too early I can't usually finish it all but if I eat it too late in my work day I'm still full when I go home and make dinner for my boyfriend and I.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Here is a list of foods that are higher in calories, but lower in volume so you can eat more without having to eat too much food.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I would definitely snack on nuts. A tiny less-than-handful is 170 calories. They go down so easily. :)
  • sgrathwol
    sgrathwol Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    batch cook meals on sunday. I usually cook for only two hours and can have 8 servings of rice in my rice cooker, 4 servings of beans, A dozen sweet potatoes,3 lbs of chicken and 2 lbs of fish. any questions hit me up
  • Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sgrathwol wrote: »
    batch cook meals on sunday. I usually cook for only two hours and can have 8 servings of rice in my rice cooker, 4 servings of beans, A dozen sweet potatoes,3 lbs of chicken and 2 lbs of fish. any questions hit me up

Of course I'm just asking about good recipes for doing just that lol.