Designer Whey....

Options
c7eat2live
c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
Im a new fan! I got mine in the mail yesterday...and tried the strawberry with a little almond milk and the taste was not at all unpleasant! Its tricky for me to get enough protein in my days, and this is super helpful because its so low calorie and carb and sugar....I also have the vanilla but havent tried it. Anyone have a favorite flavor? or a fun way to use it besides just drinking with water or almond milk?

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE vanilla and if I want to change it up I add a little sf jello to add some flavor - like orange cream, or whatever I desire :)
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it myself (but am thinking about starting) but if you go on youtube there are some recipes for different things you can make using protein powder.

There's some recipes on there that seem like they'd be quite yummy, two in particular I look forward to trying if/when I do start using protein powder is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbNhSMf-r34 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cq8z9Ogqz8
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    Have you tried drinking an protein drinks?

I use Muscle Milk or just plain whey protein. There are many different flavors, and I really love waking up to a nice low-calorie protein shake! :) You can buy the powder at any vitamin supplement store, or online!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    awesome guys! thanks for the suggestions!
  • jody0912
    jody0912 Posts: 33
    Options
    i love their chocolate! i use it with almond milk as well. I add a tbs of natural almond butter and some fruit, then blend ;)
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I like chocolate protein with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, some ice and an ounce of banana! (I usually use 2 scoops of protein)
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I used to do Designer Whey (Chocolate) + Almond Milk + Peanut Butter.

I just switched to ON Double Chocolate (has more protein and less fat). Still mix it with Almond Milk and it tastes good enough to leave the peanut butter out. ;)
  • bryony_pie
    bryony_pie Posts: 40
    Options
    i love their chocolate! i use it with almond milk as well. I add a tbs of natural almond butter and some fruit, then blend ;)

I do this same thing, but with PB2 and a half a banana! it is SO GOOD I usually end up daydreaming about it while I'm running! lol. I love Designer Whey Chocolate and it is really easy to come by - I buy mine at my regular ol' grocery store! And the Almond Milk really makes it tasty without lots of calories (I use Unsweetened Silk Almond Milk - 35 calories a cup!)