Need new recipes

Options
Does anyone have any yummy protein-packed recipes or a good website they can recommend that would have some?
Or just healthy snacks for throughout the day that aren't full of carbs?

Replies

• Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney, I am a recipe nut. Friend me and we can share some.
  • Baddogbeanie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This one is awesome
    Raosted chicken and pears

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
    12 ounces brussels sprouts, washed, ends trimmed and halved
    12 ounces butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2.5 cups)
    2 Bosc Pears, peeled, sliced in half and cored
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
    1 tablespoon chopped, fresh rosemary
    4 (5-ounce) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
    Directions

Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly grease the bottom of a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Place brussel sprouts, squash and pears on the rimmed baking sheet, brush with honey mixture and stir well to coat evenly.

Next, combine 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper and rosemary in a small bowl. Using a paper towel, pat chicken thighs until very dry and rub the seasoning over both sides. Place chicken in the center of the baking pan and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper over pears and vegetables.

Roast, stirring pears and vegetables occasionally, until they are tender and chicken is cooked throughout, about 30-35 minutes. Portion and enjoy.

Chef’s Notes:

For extra tender chicken, dry, season and store the chicken overnight in the refrigerator, loosely covered with wax or parchment paper. Want a quick tip on knowing when a pear is ripe? Check the Neck™! Apply gentle pressure to the neck of the pear with your thumb. If it yields to pressure, it’s ripe.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 |  Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + 1 pear half + 1 cup vegetables

Per serving: Calories: 465; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 119mg; Sodium: 345mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 27g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 478mg; Iron: 16%; Vitamin A: 193%; Vitamin C: 105%; Calcium: 9%
  • freedomofnow
    freedomofnow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely delicious! I haven't cooked with butternut squash yet. Question though, won't the pears turn to mush compared to the other veggies?
  • iq200
    iq200 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look on pinterest and search for the type of recipe you're after.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I say this all the time...anyone who's looking for recipes that are lower in carbs and have decent amounts of protein only needs to google "paleo recipes", and will get more delicious easy well-balanced recipes than one can cook in three lifetimes.
  • courtneyxbrooke
    courtneyxbrooke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all. These suggestions are awesome!
  • Baddogbeanie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That sounds absolutely delicious! I haven't cooked with butternut squash yet. Question though, won't the pears turn to mush compared to the other veggies?

Actually they wont get to squishy if they are ripe, the coating helps to keep it firm too..
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really like Skinnytaste.com for good low cal recipes.