I feel lousy

Options
mar_pow
mar_pow Posts: 37 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
I'm bummed I've been working really hard staying on point with food and kicking *kitten* in the gym. Today was my cheat day and me and the hubby decided to get our favorite cuisine (Indian) and it was absolutely terrible

Just need some support. Feeling fat and defeated.

Replies

• jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    kicking kitten?
  • mar_pow
    Options
    I didn't mean to write that.
  • mar_pow
    Options
    It's supposed to say *kitten* but MFP doesn't like that word lol
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Kitten is the swear filter ;)
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Failure isn't always a mistake, sometimes it's the best place to start.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. You have a cheat day, but are upset you partook in the cheat day?

Then again, this is why I don't understand cheat days. But I digress.. whether you feel defeated or not, it's just a day. In the grand scheme of things, it won't have an affect (aside from water weight), unless you give it a reason to have an affect.
  • eiupanther969
    eiupanther969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This will happen but it makes the next cheat meal so much better
  • mar_pow
    Options
    Thanks y'all :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I try to plan these types of days into my weekly calorie goal (instead of daily). So for example big day coming up I shave off 50-100 calories for a few days before. The opposite also works you can reduce your next few days by 50-100 calories to make up for it.

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Are you peeved because the cheat wasn't worth it? If so, good. You're getting over your old not so healthy overeating habits.....
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Was the food not nice or you ate too much
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    mar_pow wrote: »
    Feeling fat and defeated.

i'm not sure i get how their bad cooking means that you're suddenly 'fat'. them being disappointing is not about you.
  • mar_pow
    Options
    mar_pow wrote: »
    Feeling fat and defeated.

i'm not sure i get how their bad cooking means that you're suddenly 'fat'. them being disappointing is not about you.

I felt fat because I ate too much and I was dissappinted because I love Indian food and it wasn't great. Thanks for the support tho! Cheers!
  • chaneliexoo
    chaneliexoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    its one day. next cheat day will be better. i had a crappy burger yesterday for my cheat day. i dont feel the greatest about it today but oh well!
  • mar_pow
    Options
    its one day. next cheat day will be better. i had a crappy burger yesterday for my cheat day. i dont feel the greatest about it today but oh well!

Thanks! It just motivates me to do better! I was just having a bad one yesterday, ready to take on today! :smiley:
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just stay focused on your long-term goals. It sucks to spend the week looking forward to that cheat day, only to have it fall short of your expectations, but remember that you are really doing all of this hard work for its life and health benefits, not for cheat day pleasure. Keep up the good work!
  • focusunique
    focusunique Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself! Its okay to have a cheat meal. Just dont loose focuse. Get back on track and keep up the great work! You will see results and soon enough that cheat meal won't be a problem! Your on your own journey and it going to have ups and downs. I have felt exactly how you are feeling now after eating my a cheat meal. (I understand) but give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy that cheat meal and just get back to your healthy lifestyle afterwards! Your doing great keep it up!