WHILE WATCHING TV

Options
2»

Replies

• duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Walking on the treadmill or a bike while watching tv is relaxing for me. Just a steady slow pace allows me to watch the tv and enjoy it. No food while watching tv is our rule.
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hula Hoop, you have to get really good to be able to hoop and eat at the same time ;)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I used to snack mindlessly often while watching TV.

Now I do things like jogging or walking in place or doing light bodyweight exercises (leg lifts, side bends, push ups, one-legged tricep dips off the couch, etc.).

Also I like to get on my mini-stair stepper. 15 minutes gets me 1 mile. Sometimes I use lightweights while using it too.

These are great ways to get in some light exercises/movement into my day and I don't sweat.

Other times I like to do small things like sew a button on a shirt, folding laundry, write in my food and exercise journal (planning out meals for the day or writing out what I ate and my exercises for the current day), writing out my grocery list or I play with my puppy.

You can also try saving up some calories, but personally I enjoy eating larger meals and not snacking so that didn't work for me. I learned once I start eating I eat!

These activities kept me distracted enough from mindless snacking, but still able to catch up on some of my shows. So now I've adjusted to not snacking while watching TV.

Good luck! :)

Edited to add...will have to try using my weighted hula hoop! Thanks for the suggestions!

• Athomemermaid
    Athomemermaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I read mfp posts.. keeps me motivated,
    Looking up new healthy recipes to get inspired. Play on phone. Anoy my sleeping cat. paint nails. Brush my cat.. I'm not very exciting sorry!
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I drink tea or water, use my stepper, fold laundry and if all else fails and I really need a snack, I will bring an apple or pear to my chair with a pairing knife and cut it slowly while watching or I will have a little bit of air popped popcorn or Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt if I'm lazy.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Watch TV.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I actually have my Nordic Mini Stepper sitting next to my couch and use it in 30 minute intervals as I watch tv. I rest about 15 minutes between each interval. Often I'll go for 60 minutes then rest. I use the resistant bands that come with it and also separate hand weights to slim my arms and build muscle....all while watching tv. :-)
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Others have said it- but hot herbal tea. Another tip is after you are done eating brush your teeth. You can also plan for and pre- measure your evening snack. Then watch tv for a while till snack time, have the snack, brush teeth and that's it. Set yourself an eating curfew and stick to it. Mine's 8 pm.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my cable and watch a few shows only on my phone and only when I'm walking around my apartment complex.