Coffee Creamer

Options
2»

Replies

• BeeElleTea
    BeeElleTea Posts: 24
    Options
    This morning I tried unsweetened Blue Diamond Vanilla Almond Milk (2oz in 12oz of coffee so about 10 calories) & let me just say..it's different...lol

I'm accustomed to about 4 or 5 teaspoons of coffeemate original (40-50 cal) but I'd be willing to sacrifice that for the sake of fewer calories.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to unsweetened almond milk and sugar free davinci caramel syrup (they have lots of sugar free flavors, though). No, it isn't as wonderful as my Coffeemate or International Delight flavors, but it saves me about 60 calories a cup, so I think it has been worth it. I was hooked on those sugary creamers!:bigsmile:
  • Madrow
    Madrow Posts: 62
    Options
    "I also like almond milk. (Dark Chocolate, and Vanilla are my fav) You can use more for less calories. BTW, it only stays fresh for a week once opened, but it can be frozen. I freeze mine in an ice cube tray. 2 cubes = 1/4 cup. So if ya like a "creamier" coffee you might want to give it at shot."
    [/quote]

That is an awesome idea!!! And I usually add an ice cube to my coffee anyway because I can't drink it scalding hot and I'm impatient when it comes to my coffee:heart: This way, I can save a step! Thanks for the idea!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It really doesmt matter so much to me. I like original, fat free, sugar free...either way it is a small reward for once a day. I dont sweat the small stuff so much anymore.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used to use CM French Vanilla, but switched to plain to save calories. After reading this, I think I'll try coconut milk or almond milk!

http://www.nakedfoodcooking.com/real-foods-2/
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of the brand -- but it is Italian Sweet Cream..

NO sugar free or fat free - it is DISGUSTING. Blech.

I work it all into my daily calories - so no guilt. :)
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink coffee, but my mom was addicted to the fat-free coffee mate creamer. I didn't want her drinking all those chemicals anymore so I went on a search and found a coconut milk creamer in vanilla called So Delicious. It doesn't have any of the chemicals or artificial sweeteners like the other creamers and tastes really great. It also ended up being less calories too, and coconut milk has lots of nutritional value.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I use the dairy-free original flavor creamer (the one that has to be refrigerated; not the powder). And not the fat free or low fat kind, either.