How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I want to be healthy in my weight loss voyage, but I find myself constantly wondering how much I weigh. I was wondering how often you all weigh yourself or if you have any recommendations on how to go about the scale?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week, I use a trend weight app as well to help with fluctuations
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Every day. It helps me to understand my weight trends but this isn't for everybody. If it negatively impacts your mood I'd do it less.
  • katelouisenewaccount
    Options
    I only weigh once a week first thing in the morning
  • Tucker3306
    Tucker3306 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Every day. Through reading the forums I became familiar with the reasons weight fluctuates so I'm not alarmed by any sudden shifts. I can spot trends (I'm good at pattern recognition) and keep myself accountable.
  • fitforeternity493
    fitforeternity493 Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I only check my weight once a month and personally that's what has worked best for me. You don't have to look at your weight to track progress though.. You could take tape measurements and pictures as well.
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I know I know I'm a bit excessive I weigh myself every morning in the buff before drinking or eating anything while still in the fasting state. And I also log it on MFP. Sometimes I might forget in the morning because I get to busy. I also weigh myself at night sometimes. Especially when I feel bloated. But anyway I have been able to lose 20 pounds this year alone so I guess my obsession is not really hurting me. As I was entering my weight this morning I could hardly believe it but I was not in the 180s or 190s anymore. Last year even though I worked out 3 to 5 times a week I was eating back all the calories that I burned to exercise. My weight was constantly going up and down between 185 and 199. It was so frustrating how I was not losing weight. But once I reduced my exercise and really started paying attention to everything that I put in my mouth that's when I started to see results -- weight loss. I have been using MFP every day for the past couple of months. It really does help me stay accountable for what I put in my mouth & how much.

Also I only eat back half of the calories that I burned from exercise.
  • emptyrooms
    emptyrooms Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys! That gives me reassurance about when to check. It's good to see there's no "wrong way" when it comes to method.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily (more or less...sometimes I skip a day) but only record my weight on MFP once a week.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Since i started, I weigh at the gym on the same scale, once a week BUT I bought a scale so since I'm a bit ocd, I weigh myself about 10 times/day. It's interesting how I fluctuate 2lbs up or down throughout the day. I still record according to the scale at the gym tho
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, my weigh in day, it could become an obsession stepping on the scales everyday once a week worked fine for me when I lost 7 stone.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning.
  • PhilHarrison1
    PhilHarrison1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This month? It's going to be 3 times. At the family doctor's office twice and at the cancer doctor's office once. No doctor's visit that month? About twice. This way I won't fuss about daily variations or even weekly ones. And it is fast enough since I'm counting calories and not stupid and calories tell me what my gain would be if I ate too much [3500 over my needs = 1 pound+] , to give me good feedback. If on the two week feedback, I don't see what I expect to see, then it's time to reevaluate the plan.

Unless I have a medical need like congestive heart failure or kidney failure, it's more than enough.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As often as this question gets asked. So, daily.
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings
  • majlessi84
    majlessi84 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I like to have a buddy i weigh every morn, :-) now : 78,7kg i think 76---74 now AS a target :) anyone wanna be buddy?

• katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once every 2 weeks
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Most days I weigh myself, even in maintenance. I feel its a good habit and it also makes me aware of why/how fluctuations happen.