ketodiet

Options
Hi. I've been on the ketodiet for about 3 weeks. No real change yet but as a runner I'm having a hard time adjusting. I was adding more carbs just to keep from bonking, but I'm going to try energy gel packs starting this week.

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
    Keep in touch with your doctor & dietician, don't just change their prescribed diet on your own.
    Hope it eventually helps you feel better.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Why keto?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating more fats, otherwise you'll be miserable.
  • Slipstreme
    Slipstreme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you r adding more carbs, you likely aren't on keto, but low carb- which means you will likely still be burning sugar and not have enough to allow you to have energy to run. Keto requires strict adherence, and the transition to keto will be tough until your body becomes effective at fat burning, especially if you are working out during that transition. Once fully adapted, you will LITERALLY have energy to burn. But if you are adding carbs, it is likely sabotaging your transition. Make sure you understand the reasoning behind keto before attempting to do it. It's an "all or fail miserably" diet.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bcc2001 wrote: »
    What is the minimum amount carbs needed for keto? I just started this week and Im only having between 20-25 Net Carbs. Also have major keto flu right now. Any suggestions to make this go away?

keto is less than 50 net grams(dont think there is a minimum). and up your sodium, and get more potassium, magnesium (chicken or beef broth will help too).that should help with keto flu.make sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough fats.