Biggest meal

Options
What is your biggest meal of the day? and what time do you try to eat supper? I usually use most of my calories on supper and try to eat by 4:30 pm.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Most days I eat it around 7, but Thursdays I don't until 9:30-10 PM.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Biggest meal is night snack 10-1.

Usually my breakdown is...

lunch ~ 2: 300 calories
    Snack ~ 4: 200 calories
    Dinner ~ 6: 300 calories
    Snack around 10: 600 calories
    Snack around 12-1: 1000 calories

My eating is weird but since I eat so late I don't get hungry during the day until 2. It works for me because I am very busy all day and don't really have time to sit down to a meal. I'd prefer to save my calories for later when I CAN do that instead of just eating snacky foods.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I usually have my biggest meal between 11-1pm, followed by a smaller supper 5-6ish. I may or may not eat in the morning, just depends if I feel hungry or not (usually not).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Biggest meal...it depends. Yesterday my biggest meal was lunch and I had some soup for dinner...today I'm having leftover soup for lunch and my dinner will be my bigger meal. Breakfast is usually pretty light.

And I eat dinner pretty much every night around 8:30/9 PM.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Dinner but sometimes lunch and dinner are equal. I eat dinner between 6 pm and 8 pm and a snack around 9 pm.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and supper are usually tied. Lunch is my smallest meal. I like to eat supper around 5:45 but lately have been starting at 6:30 3-4 times a week.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is usually dinner. I eat between 7-8 on weeknights and between 8-10 on weekends.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Typically between 8:00-9:00pm.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me is the largest, and usually around 6pm in the evening. On the weekends I'll flip that sometimes and do a large lunch and a smaller dinner but usually it's the same then as well. So for me...

Pre-Workout: No real calories, usually a fasted workout
    Breakfast: Around 400 calories, maybe 500 max
    Mid-Morning Snack: 400 or less calories
    Lunch: 500 calories on average
    Dinner: Up to 800-1000 calories
    Late Snack: Up to 400 calories if I have them left. Just depends on dinner and lunch calories.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Most of the time dinner is my biggest meal. Occasionally, if I don't eat breakfast, lunch and dinner are about the same.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Usually dinner. I basically skip breakfast (have a cup of milk in a latte), a moderate lunch (400-500 cals) and a much larger dinner + later snack/dessert (900-1000 cals).

I work it that way because I have a harder time not getting something to eat when I feel a bit peckish at home. Out at work or running errands, I rarely have any trouble sticking to what I've planned for the day because either I'm busy or food is not all that available.

However, on Sundays, brunch and dinner are usually pretty equal because that's the day we usually eat out at every meal. That's also the day after my long run, so I tend to be more hungry and eat more overall. Plus, there's this new place that makes really great pancakes in different flavors - and you can order just one if you want - though one is huge and covers the plate. :yum:
  • mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Usually breakfast (it's my favorite meal of the day!) - normally ends up being 500 calories or so... This morning for example it was 2 sunny side up eggs, half of a whole grain english muffin, 3 of those small brown n' serve sausages, 2 cuties, and a vanilla latte. That'll keep me awake and fueled up until about noon. Lunch is almost always the lowest, mostly because I hate lunch. Dinner is close behind breakfast, and I eat that around 7-8pm
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I eat the majority of my calories before 1pm, dinner generally stays at 400 or below. This is in large part because I run in the evenings and I feel like I'm dying running after eating.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is breakfast, usually 600-700 calories during the 5 weekdays. On weekends it maybe lunch and it may be dinner. I have dinner after I get home from work, which is often later than 8 pm, sometimes after midnight.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is whenever im hungriest >.> I dont really plan meal times, Just the meals themselves :p
  • CassieJones104
    CassieJones104 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @mafhoney how many calories do you generally consume a day?
  • mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @cassiekimbrough104 - between 1900-2000 generally. I log my exercise in as well, which puts my range up to about 2600/cal a day, but I really try to never do that.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Biggest meal for me is dinner, I try to save 1000 calories as I love a sweet treat after! Breakfast 200 calories around 8-9 (wheetabix on the go breakfast drink or nitrigrain cereal bar) keeps me going until 1 where I have 450-600 calories, sometimes a sandwich and sometimes chicken and rice or soup ect and dinner 1000 around 7pm. Thursdsy, Friday and Saturday I eat dinner at 10pm as that's when I finish work :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I only eat 1 meal a day (except when visiting others. Those days I eat 2) so that meal (lunch around 1pm) is my biggest
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Honestly it varies. If it's a work day I eat around the same amount of calories at all three meals. I find it's the only way I'm not starving at dinner time.

If I'm off, I usually only eat twice because I sleep in so I usually have a large lunch and then a moderate dinner.