Baked Chicken Crisp Recipe

Options
conquertheself
conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
Chicken Crisp Recipe

1.In the food processor, process whole wheat bread or any type you like, add chicken spices and other spices which you like with chicken and blend until it becomes like crumbs then put them in a bowl.

2.In another bowl, crack 1 egg white and 1 egg and mix them well in the bowl.

3.For the chicken, cut them big but thin; as you like.

4.Dip the piece of chicken in the egg then in the crumbs until well coated. Do that for all and then in a baking dish, spray some oil or olive oil and then place the chicken on the dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 400 degrees. Make sure you check on them and flip them to the other side until well cooked.

5.Also, you can cook it more by putting it on broil at the end to make it crispier and then dip it in spicy sauce or some type of bbq sauce. I like spicy sauce because its spicy and no calories and adds flavor and doesn’t keep the chicken tasting dry!

I hope you like it :smile:

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this before I cooked chicken last night! Sounds delicious. Wonder if this recipe would work using store-bought bread crumbs? Thanks for sharing!
  • conquertheself
    Options
    Ideabaker wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this before I cooked chicken last night! Sounds delicious. Wonder if this recipe would work using store-bought bread crumbs? Thanks for sharing!

Yes it would work with store brought crumbs! I hope you try it another time :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yum ! I never know how much spice to add... what do you use? a teaspoon, more/less????
  • conquertheself
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    yum ! I never know how much spice to add... what do you use? a teaspoon, more/less????

HEY ! You can add as you like. I usually start with 1 tsp and add more as I feel needed :)
  • conquertheself
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »

HEY ! You can add as you like. I usually start with 1 tsp and add more as I feel needed :)

I mean 1 TBSP .. you can taste the crumbs after to see if needs more!!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Ideabaker wrote: »

i crush cornflakes. all that 'fortified with yada blah blah' stuff makes me a little more smug using them over breadcrumbs.

this kind of thing is great if you add parmesan cheese and oregano to the coating. and it works for lean pork cuts like tenderloin, too.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have used crushed Hot Doritos before for the coating and they are delicious.