Replies

• kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Yut!!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Keep up the hard work :)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great bod!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Dang! You look great. We have the same body type, mine's still under a bit too much fluff though. Congrats on the result of your hard work. :)
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Amazing- well done :)
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    WOW! GREAT work!! Is that a REALLY old radio in your 'after' pic? Cool :)
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    One of my friends did crossfit for a few months before switching to the Nike Training app and adding weights as she progressed. She went from post preggo to athletic fit all in the same year. Makes me wanna try it, myself.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    You look great. Did you get strong?
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    all I can say is WOW!!! Good work, girl!! :)
  • half_moon
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yes, I'm much stronger now. I am not as strong as my peers but I am taking it slowly and having fun with it. :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl
  • half_moon
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is amazing- great job!! Side question: Do you think a person could get similar results lifting at home? Also, may I ask how tall you are? Thanks!!
  • half_moon
    Options
    This is amazing- great job!! Side question: Do you think a person could get similar results lifting at home? Also, may I ask how tall you are? Thanks!!

Hi, Jillian! Thank you!

I think so. My boyfriend has a home gym, and for the past three weeks I've been using that with him to work out thanks to a shoulder injury (not from crossfit! heehee).

He works out completely at home, and is ridiculously ripped. I've not loss much progress (though I can't lift anything, so that has separate repercussions). If you have the motivation to exercise at home, I think so long as you mix up cardio with lifting and keep your heart rate elevated for about 30-45 minutes a few times a week, you will see results! Also a lot of it, unfortunately, is tied to diet.

I am 27, female, and 5'5". Today I weighed in at 138. I'm going to try to stop looking at the scale, though, because the changes I want are now to do more with definition.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Looking fit and fabulous!! Nice work!
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!! I just started Crossfit this week, hopefully I will have similar results.
  • Klw43
    Klw43 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Did you gain weight when you initially started CrossFit? I've been told that you gain before you loose.
  • half_moon
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Kwr417 wrote: »
    You look awesome. Did you gain weight when you initially started CrossFit? I've been told that you gain before you loose.

No, I never gained weight. I think that may apply to skinny people who gain muscle mass. My fat probably outweighed my toning for a while so I didn't notice. Ahaha.

I did stall a few times, though. Plateau, as people say. But it wasn't really a plateau. Thanks to the style of the workout, I could see all of the progress I was making in my workouts despite the stagnant scale numbers. And I just kept doing my thing and watching my food and the numbers eventually caught up. Weighed in at 135 this morning! So I've lost 8 pounds just since I posted this thread. And that's after an injury (not crossfit-related) had me doing waaaay modified workouts for the past six weeks. Happy to keep seeing results!
  • NewToKetoMama
    NewToKetoMama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I had gastric bypass June of 2015 and went from 350 to now an all time low of 197 but I have about 60 more pounds to go. I have also started doing the Keto program but what I really want to do is start Crossfit and maybe start some 5ks. I'm wondering since right now I only walk a couple miles a day will the workouts be to much for me at this point?? TIA
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!