Embarrassing things that have happened while working out.

Options
Set myself the goal to run 20mins non stop at the gym last night. All was going great till the last 3 mins when the zip on the front of my sports bra broke making a very loud snapping noise. Got some strange looks running while trying to hold it together.

So has anyone else had embarrasing things happen?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say embarrassing but shorts came unbuttoned and dropped during squats comes to mind.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    the white underwear with the black tights. that have sneakily worn through at the seams without telling me.
    msfazer wrote: »
    the zip on the front of my sports bra broke

my sister had that happen in a job interview. it was a strap that went, but there's one place she has never worked at.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In yoga class a few weeks ago I wore the wrong bra and they came flying out during one of the more active moves. Ohhh dear :o
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    Wasn't me, but while I was doing squats, the poor guy next to me at the deadlift station had a Code Brown. Fortunately, none escaped his drawers, but he duck walked out of there with great haste. Come to think of it, I've never seen him there again.

That probably tops it!!!!

I had a front close bra open last week mid KB swing and I was wearing a very loose muscle tee :s
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    While playing mixed team sport got hit in the boob with a cricket ball, somehow it got my maternity sports bra at the right angle to undo the clip too (and I was rather large chested). That was the most public.

I have unfortunately also had the code brown incident, thankfully the only witness was my 2 yo daughter. I was 9 months preg and decided to take my toddler for a walk to in the hope of bringing on labour.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Luckily at home only, I've peed myself a little while doing jumping Jack's! It's the main reason I don't run.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I hit my head on the end of an Olympic bar and cut my scalp causing me to bleed a lot. I got blood all over the gym and I tried to clean it in the bathroom and I tried cleaning up the sink area but apparently I didn't do a good job and left the bathroom looking like a war zone. The cut wasn't even that big but scalp cuts bleed like kitten
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Had a giant nosebleed while i was doing burpees in a group fitness class-had to fill out an incident report because it wouldn't stop bleeding everywhere!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    One time, after I'd finished a pretty intense workout, I was exhausted and my legs were all wobbly. I had my headphones on and I'd just taken a drink out of the water fountain before heading to the locker room to get my stuff.

I walked into the wrong locker room. I was so zoned out that I didn't even realise what I'd done until I looked up from the floor and saw a bunch of dudes. I just about died.

lol I did exactly the same thing. Went to a new in in a town I was staying in for work and somehow got turned around and walked into the ladies
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I wouldnt say embarrassing but shorts came unbuttoned and dropped during squats comes to mind.

Define not embarrassing... being the only girl in the gym and losing your pants while squatting does rank right on up there. Bonus... it's the work gym. Meaning I work with those guys. :flushed:

Thankfully I'm good at making jokes and I have pretty thick skin. The guys from the assembly can be somewhat below the belt at times. :tongue:
  • PatsPrincess07
    PatsPrincess07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    im a big girl and everything wobbles (my boobs, belly, legs) so i dont go to a gym i workout at home
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I was squatting close to my max and all with the effort of coming back up I fated ... loudly ... as in echo loudly lol I didnt bat an eyelid and just carried on.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Being ridiculously clumsy doing bench presses, and while doing so putting some girls who could do with some lifting and their rubbish coach off. :disappointed:

This was in a gated community gym room, not a gym with staff, ok? First time I put the bar back onto the holder and sat up. Somehow, while sitting up my hands were still on the bar, which rolled off the holder. No, even with a weight on your hands you cannot move your arms down backwards. Ouch! A girl was using the room with her coach, mainly doing jumping jacks, walking on the treadmill, and throwing in a poorly executed pushup or a small movement with a little pink barbell every now and then looked shocked. The coach said: see? that's one of the reasons you should not lift weights. Besides, you won't be losing weight and will only become butch :dizzy:

Second time a few months later I did a bench press but could not hold it. By then I was doing them in the squat rack that looked better built. So I had to lower the weight as slowly as possible and the bar sat on my chest and I was kind of stuck. Another girl, this time without a rubbish coach interrupted her exercises with the little pink barbel for a moment and looked utterly shocked and helpless. So I rolled the bar to my tummy and sucked it in until the bar was supported by the safety bars of the rack. And then wiggled out. Also ouchy, and again another girl who will probably never start to lift :disappointed: