I crave sugar btwn lunch and dinner EVERY DAY - HELP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshinemonkey
    Options
    I agree with whoever said fruit!
    I like to hae a banana with a smear of chocolate spread if i really need a good fix. but be sure you can resist eating it by the spoonful!
    Also, try drinking a cup of low cal hot chocolate. sorts my night time craving right out!!
    If none of these do it, you can always allow yourself a little snack pack of biscuits that are like 100cals, if you have them to spare!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon of reduce fat peanut butter :-) that is how i get through till dinner
  • koondoggie_99
    Options
    Be sure to stay away from diet soda at lunch!! Fruit is a great alternative to something sweet, I usually do cinnamon applesauce. But if you do not give in to your craving with unhealthy sweets, they will eventually stop. Iknow how hard it is, my body puts me through it to! GOOD LUCK!! =)
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I discovered Safeway's Yogurt & Berries Mini Crispy Rice Snacks, so good. 60 calories for 6 pieces and only 5 grams of sugar..
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For dessert I've been switching between skinny cow cones (so much like a drumstick!) or 'tis the berry season. I got some Reddi-whip light and have it with blackberries, raspberries, etc. to satisfy my sweet tooth. I learned something kind've interesting at the dietician today. I was eating too few carbs and protein early in the day, and by the end of the day was starving. By spacing out food more evenly it's supposed to make you feel more satisfied and less like trolling for snacks. (my favorite pastime!). Good Luck!
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!! Those Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds are fabulous!!! Thanks for the recomendation!
    When I cook my veggies in a pan I sprinkle them with a dusting of brown sugar at the very end. Sweet and healthy. Try it. I also LOVE Emerald's cocoa dusted almonds!!! I buy them in the 100 calorie packs.