Anyone heard of pfc every 3?

Options
Eating a protein, fat and carb every 3 hours ? Just curious and looking for opinions

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    every person is different with what keeps them full and satisfied at a deficit. try it and see how you feel is the best answer. Personally for me, eating that often in a day would drive me crazy, but it works for lots of people.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Yes I've heard of it.

For me personally it's not for me. I don't feel hungry every 3 hours, not even for a snack.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat a small lunch, a large dinner and little to no snacks. That's what works for me. If you want to eat every three hours and are able to maintain a deficit, then go for it. It doesn't have any magical metabolism boosting, fat burning effects or anything, though.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A glass of milk could be called a snack. Protein/Fat/Carbs. Don't make those snacks too large.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but I guess I go by this. Everything I eat has at least some protein fat and carb.

I usually start around 8 with coffee and milk.
    Around 10:30 I have a snack - usually one cup of red pepper tomato soup, but sometimes some pistachios.
    12:30ish or 1 I have lunch - varies every day.
    3ish I have a snack - nuts, crackers and PB, cheese and apple
    When I get home around 5:30 I eat a little something - chocolate square or cheese stick with crackers.
    Dinner around 7:30 or 8 - varies.

I could easily cut out my snacking and have bigger meals, though. In fact, on days I crave pizza, burgers, or higher calorie stuff, I cut out the snacks to make more room and I do just fine. I just usually prefer to snack and have a bit smaller meals. Do whatever works for you.
  • carriehanson74
    carriehanson74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting the detox phase of this after Thanksgiving. I'm looking for meal plans and recipes if anyone has any.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting the detox phase of this after Thanksgiving. I'm looking for meal plans and recipes if anyone has any.

What exactly are you detoxing?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Why does a diet plan based on macros and meal timing have a detox phase? Detox is hooey in any way of eating, but it makes even less sense here.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty much how I eat naturally.

I get hungry every 2 to 3.5 hours and have a snack or mini-meal. I usually make sure to try & include protein every time I eat because my goal is 100 grams a day and I need to eat it often rather than in large portions because I can't stomach more than about 2 ounces of meat at a time with meals. I eat all kinds of foods though I don't really "try" to eat a protein, carb & fat... but most things that have protein also have fat and I love carbs so I'm never going to NOT have carbs with my meal.

It works for me, but only because that's how I like to eat anyways, not forcing it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Meal timing and macronutrient split don't really matter for weight loss.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Meal timing and macronutrient split don't really matter for weight loss.

This. Meal timing /frequency have nothing to do with weight loss, it's a preference thing. Macros don't really matter either, except for saiety issues etc. Weight loss happens when you eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals/CICO.

Eat the foods you enjoy, break up your calories throughout the day in a way that works with your schedule and lifestyle, and then make sure your hitting your calorie deficit goals. Do this and you'll be good to go :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein, carb, and fat each meal and it keeps me pretty satisfied an average of 1250 cal. I could not however eat every 3 hrs. I eat between 8 am- 5 pm usually it's more like 11am-5 pm. It seems having a good cut off time of 5pm keeps the late night snacking at bay.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to both composition and timing, so yes, I have a meal structure - but it doesn't rhyme :D
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you want to do this, just remember that the goal is sustainable weight loss. If this is something you can do long term, go for it. If not, you will gain your loses back when you stop the "diet". I refuse to diet as it implies that there is an end and, for me, if there is an end, I will regain my losses and that is NOT an option.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

The OP hasn't been around since Feb, for those responding to the original post.

And this is just silly. Your body detoxes itself.
  • carriehanson74
    Options

What exactly are you detoxing?

• carriehanson74
    Options
    It's just a week of strictly clean eating. No processed foods. It's not a gimmick or anything. Just a week of no crap.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    It's just a week of strictly clean eating. No processed foods. It's not a gimmick or anything. Just a week of no crap.

So does this just mean you are eating foods you made at home from scratch
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Too bad "clean eating", "processed foods" "crap" are all gimmicks/buzz words :s