Weight loss

I want to lose 35 pounds in 6 months. Can I do it?

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    When there is a will, there is a way.
    Don't be afraid to make a decision.
    He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I want to lose 35 pounds in 6 months. Can I do it?

What are your current stats (height and weight)?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    That's close to a pound and a half a week. If you have more to lose after that it's likely, otherwise probably not.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Depends on your stats.
  • heathervallon
    heathervallon Posts: 15 Member
    Yes, I think you can depending on where you're starting from.
  • yashpratap1548
    yashpratap1548 Posts: 4 Member
    Gys my weight is 286 lbs how to lose weight help
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Gys my weight is 286 lbs how to lose weight help

Caloric deficit.
  • rileymarcum2003
    rileymarcum2003 Posts: 9 Member
    Iyeah !! You can do it !!
  • dknisle1
    dknisle1 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes you can. I went from 260 to 214 in about 4 months. The more excess you have the easier. Eat about 2000 calories a day and hit the gym. Cardio is your best friend. I went from barely being able to run 30 seconds to now being able to go 15 minutes.
  • kboucher521
    kboucher521 Posts: 1 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    dknisle1 wrote: »
    Yes you can. I went from 260 to 214 in about 4 months. The more excess you have the easier. Eat about 2000 calories a day and hit the gym. Cardio is your best friend. I went from barely being able to run 30 seconds to now being able to go 15 minutes.

Making a blind recommendation for 2000 calories a day is bad advice without knowing the OPs stats. For some people, 2k/day would result in weight gain. If your diet isn't in check, cardio isn't going to magically create weight loss. The old saying is "You can't out-train a bad diet".

Best advice that I have seen yet. I've been doing a lot of weight training but haven't lost any weight. I'm still sitting at a hefty 285lbs. It took me talking to a competitor to actually understand that your weight has a lot more to do with your food intake and your shape has a lot to do with muscle building.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    dknisle1 wrote: »

Making a blind recommendation for 2000 calories a day is bad advice without knowing the OPs stats. For some people, 2k/day would result in weight gain. If your diet isn't in check, cardio isn't going to magically create weight loss. The old saying is "You can't out-train a bad diet".

Best advice that I have seen yet. I've been doing a lot of weight training but haven't lost any weight. I'm still sitting at a hefty 285lbs. It took me talking to a competitor to actually understand that your weight has a lot more to do with your food intake and your shape has a lot to do with muscle building.

Yep. Both cardio and strength training are good ideas for many reasons, but your diet will be the primary driver of weight/fat loss. Most people vastly overestimate their calorie burns ("omgzzzz, I burned 685 calories in my 40 minute Zumba class!!1!!!") and underestimate their calorie intake.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Op, it's possible but we can't help you until you give us some actual information to work with like age/height/current weight/male or female.