Should I switch to maintaining my weight?

Options
I came off of a 45 pound weight loss. I'm 5'5 and I flunctuate between 136-140 lbs. I know I'm in a healthy range but I'm not totally happy with my body. I haven't lost anymore weight in months and I'm tired of serial starting. Would it be good to swap to maintaning and working out more?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Same stats as you and almost same weight lost (46 for me) and I've been recomping for the last 2 months since hitting my goal. It's slow and I had to stop from an injury until recently.
    Basically I am working on my second round of Strong Curves, eating at maintenance and trying to "lose fat, build muscle" at same time.
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Your "bottom" healthy range is 112 and you're well with in average weight. Based on your picture, if you arent satisfied then my guess is you are "skinny fat". Maybe do maintenance for a month, then cut to 130 and do lifting.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Have a month off, a diet break if you like to refresh yourself physically and mentally and then reassess.

"Would it be good to swap to maintaining and working out more? "
    Working out more than what? What is your routine? What are your goals? In what way are you unhappy with your body?
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost any weight in months then you are maintaining.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You've been technically at maintenance for months so if you want to remain same weight keep doing what you have been. Exercise will really help you firm up, even just brisk walking is amazing for toning the legs and glutes. But find something that you enjoy doing and you'll find it easy to consistently do it.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    idk