Import recipes from Excel

Options
Hello,

Does anyone out there know of a way to import recipes, minus the nutrition info, directly from Excel into the app?

Thanks.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Not that I am aware of.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you open the recipe builder on the computer you can just copy and paste your ingredients from Excel into it. Copy all of the ingredients (e.g., cells a1:a4) and paste them and that works.

In the app, go into the recipe builder and enter your recipe title and servings number. Below that, flip the switch on Bulk Import Ingredients. Then copy and paste your list of ingredients in the space below. Once you hit the checkmark, you'll see what MFP has entered for your ingredients. I entered the following list and copied it from Google Sheets on my phone:

2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt

MFP gave me:

2 cups coconut flour
    1 cup sugar
    .5 teaspoon salt

If this were a real recipe, I'd have to delete the coconut flour and add all purpose flour in its place. If my original list said all purpose flour, this would not have been a problem. How it turns out will depend a lot on the detail in your original list of ingredients.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If you open the recipe builder on the computer you can just copy and paste your ingredients from Excel into it. Copy all of the ingredients (e.g., cells a1:a4) and paste them and that works.

In the app, go into the recipe builder and enter your recipe title and servings number. Below that, flip the switch on Bulk Import Ingredients. Then copy and paste your list of ingredients in the space below. Once you hit the checkmark, you'll see what MFP has entered for your ingredients. I entered the following list and copied it from Google Sheets on my phone:

2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt

MFP gave me:

2 cups coconut flour
    1 cup sugar
    .5 teaspoon salt

If this were a real recipe, I'd have to delete the coconut flour and add all purpose flour in its place. If my original list said all purpose flour, this would not have been a problem. How it turns out will depend a lot on the detail in your original list of ingredients.

Thanks for enlightening me.
  • jlong2233
    jlong2233 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.