Embarrassing things that have happened while working out.

Options

Replies

• CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Split 2 pairs of shorts on squats.. I was on a Bulk at the time......
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Few years back, swimming in the sea, popped up all Ariel-like... and the current pulled my tankini down over my boobs. Beach = flashed.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    First session I ever had with a personal trainer. Had been a really busy day, up at something like 4am, hadn't eaten anything all day. Did my training session, felt fine, went to stand up and straight up blacked out.

Two other PT's carried me to the reception area where I could sit down. So pretty much everyone watched me get carried unconscious through the gym.

Still carried on going there, only changed gym because of an office work move. Was a learnt lesson to not forgo eating if you intending on hitting the gym and working out hard.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Not in public but I did have a giggle one day when my knickers fell down early on in my weight loss journey as I ran on the tredmill at home :smiley:
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I deadlift near 1RM, I pee on the floor. I just use the spray bottle of cleaner and paper towels to wipe up. I bring a change of pants on those days.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Not in public but I did have a giggle one day when my knickers fell down early on in my weight loss journey as I ran on the tredmill at home :smiley:

LOL! I had something similar during a run. Somehow my the top of my undies decided to roll up and move downwards within my running trousers (just normal pair of gym trousers, not tights) and I was feeling them thinking that something's not quite right. But could not figure out what it was. I found out at home then :wink: Well, nobody could see anything apart from me constantly pulling on my pants.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    Luckily at home only, I've peed myself a little while doing jumping Jack's! It's the main reason I don't run.

Fanny Pants are your friend. http://www.fannypants.com/protect-incontinence-while-running
  • Advntrgrl
    Advntrgrl Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    Luckily at home only, I've peed myself a little while doing jumping Jack's! It's the main reason I don't run.
    FYI..☝☝☝that's why I run! The uterus drop I had after the 3rd kid was supposed to require surgery...and the little incontinence that came along with it was annoying. But, I started running, a when I went back for my pre-op visit, there was no need for surgery.....everything moved back in place, and my pelvic flooring was stronger than ever. No more pee!
    Most embarrassing....being told by my acro partner that my pants were see through, while in a split over her head..... :#
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Very first time I worked out was before I joined the Army. I was with a group of recruits and we were in the middle of push ups. At maybe number 8 I fell flat on the ground, all dizzy and trying to be a cool guy I tried once more. I couldn't make it to ten and had to have people help me walk to a bench to puke.

Also, I one time farted during sit-ups in a PT test.... On my sergeant.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I can only wear black shorts on account of embarrasing sweat.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I deadlift near 1RM, I pee on the floor. I just use the spray bottle of cleaner and paper towels to wipe up. I bring a change of pants on those days.

I've never had to clean up, but, yeah this. Darn kids.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I wouldnt say embarrassing but shorts came unbuttoned and dropped during squats comes to mind.

Define not embarrassing... being the only girl in the gym and losing your pants while squatting does rank right on up there. Bonus... it's the work gym. Meaning I work with those guys. :flushed:

Thankfully I'm good at making jokes and I have pretty thick skin. The guys from the assembly can be somewhat below the belt at times. :tongue:

Lack of clothing doesn't bother me, actually more clothes do if anything.

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    The first time I started swimming laps 2 years ago (I was on the swim team in middle school and figured I'd give it a go). I was nervous in the first place just doing something new but I got ready, took my glasses off and put on my goggles (so everything past 2 foot was blurry) and jumped in the closest lane. I leisurely swam a warm up lap, then hung out on the wall. I noticed the other lady and maybe her trainer in the lane with me were just staring at me (remember everything is super blurry) and I had no idea why. It was the walker/aerobics lane, not a lap lane. I didn't even know there were rules. I explained to them that it was my first time and that I was blindish but I was still embarrassed because of my ignorance, lol.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Worst I've done is get distracted leaving the platform and nearly bowl over one of the side refs.

I've peed myself squatting, greyed out while deadlifting, but those things are pretty normal and not embarrassing. Almost knocking a ref out of his chair at worlds, that made me blush.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lost my balance while doing walking lunges with weights and toppled to the floor in front of a bunch of guys. I was the only female in the free weight area. It was a few weeks before I ventured back to that area of the gym again, but at least I DID go back.

ETA: They all just stared at me and not one of the lunks offered to help me up.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    After goblet squats I went to hoist the 75-lb. weight up to the top rack of the dumbbell wall (ya know, re-racking like a nice human being) and proceeded to crack myself right in the crotch which knocked the wind out of me and caused me to drop the weight...which bounced off my bad foot. Literally was laying on the floor like a fool afterwards.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,632 Member
    Options
    Scene: High School
    Time: After gym class

We had just completed a grueling leg-day lifting session (my very first time ever lifting weights). Legs felt like jello. Unfortunately, the weight room is on the main floor, while the locker room is in the basement.

I'm in the middle of the line of people trying to go down stairs, not wanting to look wimpy by gripping the handrail. In retrospect, it would've looked a whole lot better than what really happened. The third step down my leg collapsed under me, bowling me forward into the next person ahead of me, who caught by surprise (and with similarly wobbly legs) fell into the next person in line, and so on.

After the dust settled, twenty kids are trying to pick themselves up off the floor, twenty more on the stairs above are staring at me. I died inside, especially under the giggles of the girls.

I was too mortified to be appreciative of it at the time, but I remember glancing back at the stairs before plunging into the locker room and seeing more than half the other kids all holding very tightly to the handrail...
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My very first yoga class I was pretty nervous, I knew I would be the biggest one there. I finally worked up the nerve to just bite the bullet and go. I was the biggest one there. I felt like everyone was looking at me. During class a woman farted pretty loud during one of the roll ups. I no longer felt all eyes were on me:)

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Also ouchy, and again another girl who will probably never start to lift :disappointed:

[redacted as i think that i might have misread]

my gym got snazzy new racks. one replaced the old solid-state all-in-one bench. new one has a free bench and the rack has this metal tongue on the floor with slots that you clip the bench into. me driving that thing in backwards was kind of embarrassing on the first day. i also just struggle with it generally. it's hard to drive it around without kneecapping yourself, at my body dimensions.