Runners- share your run!

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    11.2 trail miles this morning. It finally got cold enough (28F) to wear some tights and gloves, though I still overheated. Going back out for 6 miles in the morning with my dog.

tfcxa7ly3jim.png
    gt.png 572.6K
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome!! <3 not running much because its very hot and humid here and that affects my running so I will patiently wait for winter to hit my city so I can ease back into my routine! :#:p
  • UrbanFarmerCoco
    UrbanFarmerCoco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Taking part in Toronto's Holly Jolly Fun Run this morning ... it's 5k preceeding the Santa Claus parade. Second 5k in 2 months ... got a 10k goal/race I'm registered for in May 2017.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Late to the party as I didn't run today but yesterdays effort was a morning 5k Parkrun taking it seemingly steady only to come in 30 seconds away from a course PB.

Then headed of to my Tri clubs monthly Track session where we ran a Magic Mile. First Time i've ever Dipped under 6 mins for the mile which was nice. Can now use that time to extrapolate out my ideal times for various distances.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    3 weeks into an off season build for my first marathon in March. Yesterday's long run was an easy paced 13 miler. This morning's run was a 6 miler done at marathon pace (9:20/mile). It was windy and cold today, so the run felt like work. Cross training day tomorrow will be 75 minutes on the bike trainer.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been working on my mile time! Last December I was recovering from a below knee ankle and ORIF surgery and I wakked/limped a twenty minute mile. I started power walking last May and progressed to running shortly thereafter. 2 months ago I ran a 9:47 mile and last week ran an 8:33! I know some of you are faster, but to me that's a huge improvement! I fee like I'm finally, finally recovered after this injury! I feel so good!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles today. I'm in my 3rd pair of Mizuno Inspires. It's nice to have a shoe that works for you!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Transitioning from Half Marathon training (completed last weekend) back to 5k training. I want to run my December race in 25 mins or less. I feel like Im full-on sprinting when going that fast. Been at it for 5 days and I have a really sore butt.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Another 10 miles today on the same trails as yesterday. Today I took my dog with me and he loved it.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    getting back into running after a brief shin-splints related lay off (caused by a dance workshop on a marble floor NOT running).

yesterday was a 6 miler along the towpath, up an evil hill (ran SOME of it) then through the woods, down the other end and back again. All after a hilly hike the day before.

legs feeling good and looking forward to the next run.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just a gentle 10k this morning before I crack on with the house cleaning.
  • lisamarielois
    lisamarielois Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A lovely 11k run on Thursday around the the woods near where I live and then a very cold parkrun with a friend on Saturday. Felt like I was running fast and was convinced I had beaten my pb but sadly not! Hoping to fit in a 5k in my lunch break tomorrow. Have my first half marathon in March, eeek!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    6 miles today at lunch time, finally decided I should start training for my marathon in Feb. Have also signed up for a 75km run in March, back to back to back 30 milers in April and a 50 miler in July, ending with a 60 miler in September.

I love it when registration opens for races, such a good way to go in to winter when you know you can't just hide under the duvet!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    did a Turkey Trot 10k this weekend, but still not recovered well from my Marine Corps Marathon hobble-fest...so i'm feeling it today
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    6 miles today at lunch time, finally decided I should start training for my marathon in Feb. Have also signed up for a 75km run in March, back to back to back 30 milers in April and a 50 miler in July, ending with a 60 miler in September.

I love it when registration opens for races, such a good way to go in to winter when you know you can't just hide under the duvet!

Yep! I thought my 5k turkey trot at the weekend was going to be my last race for 2016, but I spotted there's a local Holiday Hustle in a couple of weeks, which will be a nice way to finish the year.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I did 10 yesterday at a 10:19 pace - probably my best run ever.

I actually set out to do 9, but I got a little lost. I'm actually kind of looking forward to syncing my Garmin tonight to see what my crazy route looked like!
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm still a very beginner runner and have stopped and started a couple of time over the last few months. I've been bouncing back and forth between week 1 and 2 of the app is use that's similar to C25K. Did my first cold weather run today (I'm a reptile, so dressing warm enough without being too warm is proving challenging....I barely got warm enough today). My stupid phone died a third of the way in, so I was counting my minutes in my head
  • rubrink
    rubrink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 this morning nice and slow. Have a half on Thanksgiving, my first one since March. Ran a few 9-10s the past few weeks, but still not really ready for it. :(
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread. just a quick read of what other people have been running makes me want to get out and knock out a few miles. This isn't helped by the fact that today was a weights day in the gym, so I haven't run today.

Keep up the good work all.