Etiquette advice needed

Options
2»

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Maybe she wasn't laughing at the wife beater. Maybe she has just gotten a joke she was told before
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Take it to Sam's Club and see if you get the same reaction
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    November is wife beater season. I wear them to Walmart no prob. But I was at Costco and some stuck up sorority girl looked at me and laughed. Who is in the right here?

Last I checked, Costco does not have a dress code. Granted, a greater percentage of Costco regulars tend to wear smart casuals or dressy fitness attires from my observation having been to 5 different Costco Centers in 2 States (NY/CA) within my 20 years of American immersion - this is a free country... Her snicker was off. There just comes a point in anyone's life (age) where forms of slamming/ridicule/judgment et al are inappropriate. If you in a vest offended her on sight, then her disdain via her mockery of you through laughter, was declasse from the vantages of propriety. One just does NOT dress someone else down. Costco is not a Formal Venue for crying out loud. It's not as though she's at the Royal Ascot or the President's Ball or a Private Country Club or the Harvard Club. It's just Costco! IF your attire was wrong for the venue, then Management would have barred you from entry. Reeks of pretentiousness!

Are you certain it's about your tank? Or could it have been something else? High-school mean girl behaviour from a sorority girl who is not a High-schooler, yet marked you as a worthy target? Why?!
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The girl shouldn't have laughed, but stay away from wife beaters man, or atleast wear one that's not so tight lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    November is wife beater season. I wear them to Walmart no prob. But I was at Costco and some stuck up sorority girl looked at me and laughed. Who is in the right here?

Last I checked, Costco does not have a dress code. Granted, a greater percentage of Costco regulars tend to wear smart casuals or dressy fitness attires from my observation having been to 5 different Costco Centers in 2 States (NY/CA) within my 20 years of American immersion - this is a free country... Her snicker was off. There just comes a point in anyone's life (age) where forms of slamming/ridicule/judgment et al are inappropriate. If you in a vest offended her on sight, then her disdain via her mockery of you through laughter, was declasse from the vantages of propriety. One just does NOT dress someone else down. Costco is not a Formal Venue for crying out loud. It's not as though she's at the Royal Ascot or the President's Ball or a Private Country Club or the Harvard Club. It's just Costco! IF your attire was wrong for the venue, then Management would have barred you from entry. Reeks of pretentiousness!

Are you certain it's about your tank? Or could it have been something else? High-school mean girl behaviour from a sorority girl who is not a High-schooler, yet marked you as a worthy target? Why?!

You took this thread rather seriously, huh?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Laughter heals the soul.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Were you wearing pants?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Costco + Sorority girl = Who cares? It's a bulk bargain store ... Same company in different countries, with the same CEO is called Cost You Less. High End? I think not. Go figure!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You took this thread rather seriously, huh?

;)

• badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Costco + Sorority girl = Who cares? It's a bulk bargain store ... Same company in different countries, with the same CEO is called Cost You Less. High End? I think not. Go figure!
    I like the way u think

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    -gigglesnort-

Maybe just ignore her? This doesn't need a thread lol. To each their own. You coulda made fun of her hoeness :3 Aye.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Costco is dumb

WHAT!!!!????? You are a horrible person! Costco is off the chain!! LOL!!! ;)