Do you pre-log?

Options
Just today, I decided to pre-log, see how it goes. So far, I'm liking it; seeing everything I will have eaten by the end of the day feels right. Seems like a lot more food than when I log after I've eaten, yet well within my calorie goal...still have 500 cals available. I feel like I obsess over what I'm eating (or have eaten) and pre-logging takes that away since it's already logged. How do you feel about pre-logging?

Replies

• kellysmith410
    kellysmith410 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always like to do this! It gives me some structure and I'm less likely to stray from it because in my head it's already set in stone ;)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I'm one not that organized and two afraid I will not eat what I said I would eat.

I log as I go on my phone.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if I think I'm in danger of going over, and I prelog the lunch and snacks I take to work so I don't have to worry about it.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I pre log all meals so I know how much extra I have for snacks and goodies if we end up having something else for any of the meals i just switch it out and hope that i'm not over so far it's been working been logging since November 1st
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I personally love it -- I log the next day's food each afternoon. It keeps me from running out of calories and it also lets me notice ahead of time if I'm low on fat or protein so I can make adjustments.
    YES! I noticed that I was going to be low on protein by the end of the day, so I added a protein-rich snack just now. My focus was always on calories, if I hit my p/c/f goals, it was a coincidence. Perhaps this is what I needed to take this process seriously to make it meaningful.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I don't always pre-log, but I sometimes do. Especially if I am going out to eat for dinner I will log it early in the day so I can plan the rest of my day around it. But most of the time I log as I go. My husband and I are bad about changing our minds 10 minutes before dinner and having something different than what was originally planned. I always log snacks before I eat them. Sometimes that will talk me out of eating something that I don't really want or need.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Pre-log during the work week and less structured, log-as-I-go on the weekends.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like to pre-log the things I would like to absolutely include into the day! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's 8pm here, I have just pre logged tomorrow, everything except snacks.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    i pre log most days but today i pre logged thanksgiving dinner just to give me a headups
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I pre-log a week in advance - helps keep me on track and organized. And I can always change things if something happens. I figure out breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for both me and my husband (he can't cook) based on what we have in the kitchen and pantry. During the week it's a lot easier for me to come home from work and already know what needs to be done for dinner and throw my lunch for the next day together.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    IME pre-logging=life.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I personally love it -- I log the next day's food each afternoon. It keeps me from running out of calories and it also lets me notice ahead of time if I'm low on fat or protein so I can make adjustments.

^^EXACTLY!
    I pre-log up to a week in advance. It helps me keep my sanity. When I get back from the gym, I just look at my diary and I know exactly what I need to make for my breakfast and lunch to take to work. That way, I'm not spending more time trying to figure out if my macros will be in order for the day. I pre-log even my snacks. I know I'm going to have them, so I log them ahead of time. Tonight, my snack is wine. Tomorrow is halotop icecream. It's already in the books. The only thing I can't pre-log is Thanksgiving dinner because I have no clue what the crap my family is bringing to dinner. I just have to suck it up for that day.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log the rest of the day after breakfast in the morning, helps me plan out the day and stay on track for macros. I do keep it fluid and switch things in and out at the last minute, but seeing the whole day planned helps keep the individual meals portion controlled instead of going hog wild on one meal and having to starve for the next one.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I prelog every morning. It helps me make better choices.
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ploofs wrote: »
    I like to pre-log the things I would like to absolutely include into the day! :)

Like red wine o:)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ploofs wrote: »

Like red wine o:)

my evening bowl of fruit loops ;)