Does anybody have Premium?

Wondering if it's better than the free version..?

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I cycle my calories meaning I eat in a weekly deficit instead of a daily one (1250 one day 1100 one day 1300 one day etc) so premium was good for me because it allows for customizing your calorie goal by day of the week.

I believe there are some benefits on the macro side as well.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    edited November 2016
    It's good for the specific features it offers, and otherwise is the same as the free version. It really depends what you want to improve.

All I can say is read the features it offers very carefully before shelling out cash, there's a thread a week here of people complaining that they signed up for Premium and it doesn't do [insert feature here], when if they had read the list of features first, they'd have seen it never said it did that in the first place.

Key points that DON'T change:

Same food database
    Same recipe builder
    Same forums
    Same newsfeed
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Not for me. The database is way too inacurate to be spending money. The features don't interest me.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I had it and let it drop last month back to free again. I used it mostly to set my macro goals in grams. I really saw not too many other benefits. I had hoped they would add more features like sharing recipes, different calculators, reports, more meals on the diary, etc. but did not see any of that. No ads was nice, but I can deal with ads. I will go back to premium if they add more features, but in the year I had it I noticed very few improvements. The biggest 'seller' to this site for me is the huge database, so adding things like exporting or sharing recipes between users would be a HUGE bonus that they should add for premium users, not to mention the ability to add pictures and instructions to your own recipes. Just my opinion.
  • babydragon12
    babydragon12 Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you very much for all your replies, I really appreciate the input! It doesn't seem that I would need the Premium membership after all I've read so far. At least I can still see my Nutrition information on the free version. Thank you again! :smiley:
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Don't get me wrong, just to support MFP I'd say everyone should do at least 1 month if not a year of premium at some point. But for me, I could not justify continuing with so little benefit. Maybe if the price was about half of what they are asking for a year.
  • jmcdaniels1
    jmcdaniels1 Posts: 2 Member
    Not bad for $49
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited November 2016
    I like it. You can do some beta testing for them and earn a free month to preview it.

If it were a bit cheaper I'd definitely pay for it.
  • babydragon12
    babydragon12 Posts: 13 Member
    Going price is about 10$ a month.. I thought it was a one-time payment not per month.. :neutral: