Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

JoLeeFA
JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
Is there anyone out there who does the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Do you have any idea the calorie burn with it?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I've never done the 30 day program but have used it as something to change up my workouts and use on weekend days when I can't go outside to exercise. I just did Level 1 today. Calorie burn depends on your heigh/weight/age but I know a lot of folks on here just log it as circuit training.

Edited to add: it's "Circuit Training, general" in the exercise database. I just tried it for myself and it's a bit high for calorie count as most MFP exercise calorie calculations are so maybe just use 1/2 to 2/3rs of the number it gives you.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    The only way to know it to wear a HRM.
  • kmr429
    kmr429 Posts: 5
    I have and I love it! She really knows how to kick you into shape. My heart rate monitor says that I burn about 350-400 each workout which is awesome for only about 20 mins!
  • I want t start as well.. dont have the dvd yet(tried youtube but just random clips)-hopefully i can get it this weekend-heard its a great workout! :)
  • JoLeeFA
    I have a heartrate monitor... I never thought about wearing it at home!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    i do it! i log it as circuit training, but calorie burn all depends on your height/weight/sex/age/etc.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,129 Member
    A HRM is a good idea...mine said that I burn around 210 - 220 calories when I started level 1, so when the burn went down into the 170s I knew it was time to switch to level 2, even though level 1 was by no means easy. :smile:

You can get a pretty good HRM for not a lot of money...I use a Polar FT4 that I got for about $79.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    I have a bodybugg and when I do the shred I usually burn around 200 calories, which is lower than I thought considering how heavy I am.
  • momcologist
    momcologist Posts: 2 Member
    Like NayShal....I also put my 30 day shred workouts as "Circut Training" for 20 minutes. So about 200 calories would be a safe bet. Good luck with the 30 day shred....gotta love that Jillian!
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    I log it as circuit training 25 mins and MFP tells me i've burned 227 calories. It might be more but I am happy with that rather than it overestimating my calories burned.

Hope this helps.
  • JoLeeFA
    Looks like my hrm only gives heart rate and duration... does not give calories..:sad:

I can just log it as general circuit training!
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    I just did day one today and was wondering how to log it, thanks for the advice... I didn't even have to ask. :happy:
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    The usual weight to calorie ratio is for every min you exercise times that by 8. So if you workout for 30 min. you would burn 240 calories.
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    you can download it to your pc from Amazon ... its only 1.99 per level