Do you pre-log?

Options

Replies

• VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been pre logging recently so I don't have an excuse to skip meals etc!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I often log my day at lunch ... log the snacks I have eaten in the morning, log the lunch I am eating, and log the rest of my day to the best of my knowledge. Then later, I might change one or two things.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I pre-log the week on Sundays and shop accordingly.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I pre log every morning when I'm having my tea.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will a little in the morning with tweaks here and there. I'm not the best at planning ahead though so it sometimes works and other days I forget to get my stuff out to thaw and end up eating something totally different then what I planned for dinner
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight on a restricted diet, so it helps tremendously to prelog. I make necessary tweaks, but it alleviates some of the anxiety regarding eating enough.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I do some pre-logging, to see how much exercise I need to do to cover my calories. i.e. 6 mile run vs. 4 miles. I usually eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch, so the big variability is dinner. If I want a more fattening meal, I know I need to do more exercise. Alternately, if I do a long run, I know I can add a beer or ice cream without going over, if I know what the rest of the meal will be.
  • lozerrfaceXOmommy
    lozerrfaceXOmommy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I always try to pre-log my meals. If I can, I log a few days ahead especially after I go grocery shopping. Sometimes it changes but it gives me a guideline on what I can expect. If I can't log that far ahead, I always try to at least pre-log my dinner for the day either the night before or the morning of, so I know how many calories I have during the day. By pre-logging, I am not stressing about food through out the day and/or under eating through out the day, trying to save the calories for dinner.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    In a way I do because I eat the same things every day to stay within my calorie goal, and avoid stimulating my appetite. I only change what I eat at the beginning of the week, and that is adding something small into the day. I only eat egg white omelets with veggies and ham, smoothies, gala apples, cheese sticks, hickory smoked turkey breast whole wheat pasta and spaghetti sauce. It keeps me full, and I have no urge to binge. I can get full on less than 1000 calories a day because I have a lot of fresh veggies in my smoothies, but I make myself eat the calories I'm supposed to have.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I log my day in the morning and adjust as needed.

For something like fruit or a prepackaged snack, I'll prelog it as one of the heavier weights I've seen
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    During the week, I pre-log as I pre-cook my meals the day before and weigh out my whey.
    At the weekend I have a more ad-lib approach as my calorie goal is higher.
  • cottonanddust
    cottonanddust Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I pre-log H20! B)
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I prelog usually three days in advance and play around with it sometimes. It's probably the thing I attribute most to my weight loss since I know what to expect and can make changes if I need to but I have a general idea. Only advice is not to be too committed to what you prelogged, life happens and I leave a little wiggle room every day.
  • trigden1991
    Options
    I pre-log H20! B)

Why? How do you predict how thirsty or hydrated you will be that day?
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Usually, I pre-log at the beginning of the day, after working out. Being a numbers guy, I can then see how the rest of my day will go and can be guided accordingly.
  • geeta81
    geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I pre log.....if I know what am having. Then I know how many calories I have to be naughty with....Go for it if works for you!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i like it.usually i prelog my leftover meals,or just breakfast and a snack.then i know exactly how many calories i have left,and plenty of time to think how to spend them in the most optimal way.
  • cottonanddust
    cottonanddust Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I pre-log H20! B)

Joke....
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like pre-logging. For me, at least, it takes away the bizarre excitement I get over "oooooh what could I eat next? Let's have a look in the fridge..." Once something's logged, it's there, I know it's there, and all the excitement is gone.

Pre-logging makes it part of a routine, which makes it dull, which makes it doable. I like dull in my routines. It's why I love eating the same things day after day. It means I think less and obsess less!
  • trigden1991
    Options
    I pre-log H20! B)

Joke....

I thought it was but you never know with some people...........