Body for Life 12 Week Summer Challenge

Options
Hello everyone, I just started myfitnesspal about two weeks ago and I love it. I've simply been logging in what I eat and trying not to change my behaviors. I was shocked at how easy it was to use the diary AND by how many calories I was eating. No wonder I have so much trouble losing weight.
So, I've decided to use this great tool to follow the Body for Life Program for 12 weeks. It is a really great exercise and nutrition program that helps people see amazing results. I've only gotten up to week 8 before, but it was really wonderful. I saw my body change. Now, I'm only 10 pounds away from a healthy BMI and I can see how Body for Life could really make have an even more dramatic impact on my body. You have to get down to a certain weight range to see some of the changes in your muscles. Otherwise the muscles are just covered with fat.
So, anyone interested in joining me for the 12 week body for life challenge?
Best, K.
CW: 158
GW: 135

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    more info on the program and i might join?

cheers :) xx
  • kstax
    kstax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Body for Life Program asks you to exercise six times a week, three high intensity cardio sessions (only 20 minutes each) and three strength training sessions (about 50 minutes each). You eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day that are a balance of carbs and protein. You can buy the book, but all the info you really need is available at the Body for Life website.

www.bodyforlife.com

Hope that you can join us!
    K.
  • missmomma77
    missmomma77 Posts: 42
    Options
    I can only workout at home. Do I need to be able to go to the gym to do the weight training workouts?
  • kstax
    kstax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nope. I bought a set of resistance bands that I use for the exercises. I got them at bodylastics.com I really love them. They are super portable and have a great anchoring system. They've saved me many times (hello, blizzard 2010!)
    K.
  • kscutie
    kscutie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing to BFL challenge?
    I'm interested!!