How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi everyone,
Just wondering how often you weigh yourselves. I used to weigh once a week but finding myself wanting to weigh more often.
Any tips?
Thanks in advance ☺

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and I plug it into the Happy Scale app to keep a moving average.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i have sever anxiety about stepping onto them scales so much so that Friday mornings i use to shake uncontrollably. this was at home by myself! so now ive saved myself a bit of torture and opted for once every 2 weeks
  • dalem7
    dalem7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    every morning
  • rileymarcum2003
    rileymarcum2003 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every mourning and sometimes throughout the day some
  • Crazyfighter99
    Crazyfighter99 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day before I eat, but I only have one "official" weigh-in every week. It keeps me focused on my goal but other than the one day a week I couldn't care less what the number is.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    5+ times a day. I'm a data freak so I find it interesting for science.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after using the bathroom. My scale syncs to Trendweight so I can pay more attention to my weight loss trend than my daily fluctuations.
  • jattardi
    jattardi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to do it just once a week. Your weight can fluctuate so much day to day. Plus, if I do bad and my weight goes up during the week, it gives me some time to get it back down before my next weigh in. :)
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get up in the morning and the Girlfriend says its a weigh-in day. The unknown helps me to not have a bad day or two of binge eating knowing I have the rest of the week to recover. Generally it's will be around 2/3 weeks but she has surprised me with a weigh-in 2 days after the last one.
  • healthybearey
    healthybearey Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Usually every two weeks!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I WI every morning, but only log my WI once a week, unless I hit a milestone I've been working hard toward. Daily WIs have taken the emotions out of it, and I understand much more about how my body processes different things now, like how long does it take extra sodium bloat to go away, that sort of thing.
  • joebedf
    joebedf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As soon as I wake up I disrobe, urinate (hey, it's relevant!), and weigh. BUT, I track my weight as a seven-day moving average. Daily blips are mostly meaningless, too many factors that can cause those. But what gets measured gets managed!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself, I measure progress with clothes, pictures, and measuring tape. It makes me happier and gives me a more accurate picture.
  • ricomania77
    ricomania77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I then take the average for that week and record that as my weight. There are too many fluctuations from day to day (volume of food, sodium intake, glycogen levels) and this provides a more stable number for me and better point of comparison. I compare weekly averages to ascertain progress.

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Never. Go by my clothes and how I feel in my skin. I don't need a number.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    every morning and I plug the number into my Happy Scale app so I can see my moving average I have an official weigh in day of Tuesday and I enter that number on a spreadsheet so I can see how much i'm losing every week
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday so I have an idea of fluctuations.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Get up, let the dogs out, pee and weigh. I see how my weight moves up and down every day and it doesn't get me upset over the number being higher than the day before, but I really think if I weighed once a week, and it happened to be a high day, it would upset me more. So if I'm up today, it somehow doesn't bug me as much.

All goes in my spreadsheet where I calculate 7 day avg, Day loss, 7 day loss, days BMI and 7 day avg BMI.

Go ahead and laugh at me.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Every day. I swing 2-3 pounds. As long as the weekly trend is flat or down, I don't worry about it.