How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• MoonLove87
    MoonLove87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every morning after using the restroom before eating. I have an Aria Scale, so it logs automatically. I think it's interesting to see the trend. It also gives an average :)
  • D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Every day. I swing 2-3 pounds. As long as the weekly trend is flat or down, I don't worry about it.

Me too :smiley:

• VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the clinic I go to, working towards not weighing myself at all once I'm discharged :)
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Every day. I use an app that tracks overall weight trend, not just the fluctuations. Which is helpful since I'm close to my goal weight. When I was eating in a deficit, I weighed once a week.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I weight myself a few times a day, It doesnt bother me and helped me learn how my bodies natural weight sway is
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and I plug it into the Happy Scale app to keep a moving average.

This. Some weeks I lose 2 pounds of planned some weeks I lose none and some weeks I lose 3-5, but it all evens out in the end. I do however totally agree if the fluctuations are going to bother someone they should only weigh weekly or biweekly.

• abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Normally once in the morning and once at night because seeing how my weight changes during the day is interesting to me.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    once mid-week and one final week weigh-in. seems to keep me on track without being too obsessive
  • dknisle1
    dknisle1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing in the morning.
    I like to get a feel for my trend and see how various events and habits affect my weight. Seeing my weight fluctuate gives me a more solid idea of what parts of my weight are fat, and what parts are water.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh and record my weight once a week on Sunday mornings.

I work out M-F and any weight I get in the mornings on those days will be high due to water retention from exercise.

Sometimes I do step on the scale on those days just to see where I'm at and I've noticed I'm always down in comparison from last Monday to this Monday, Tuesday to Tuesday, etc.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Every day. Data is fun!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning. Did this during the weight loss phase and continue doing it now in maintenance :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and add that to a weight trend app, but I only log an "official" number once a week (Friday) in MFP.
  • allthatgliitters
    allthatgliitters Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing friday morning
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say i put my weight into the site on sundays. Keeps me from over indulging on the weekend knowing my weighing is coming up XD
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sometimes not even that often.
  • AKMandie907
    AKMandie907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have sever anxiety about stepping onto them scales so much so that Friday mornings i use to shake uncontrollably. this was at home by myself! so now ive saved myself a bit of torture and opted for once every 2 weeks

Haha same!
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but I've noticed that if I have a weight drop one day the next day I will be a few ounces over that, so I don't worry about it because at the end of the week I've lost 1 or 2 lbs. However, I would like to be able to weight myself every 3 days so all I see is the loss.