East Texas Anyone?

Options
Hi all! I am a long time MFP member but I have given up over and over... Well this time something just feels different! I want a real life change and to be fit!!! I work from home so I am typically not too active but it is my goal to run!!! I am down just 16 pounds in 45 or so days but I know this is it and I am on my way. I'd love to find more friends in my area. Maybe we have a walking group or something here in Tyler Texas? Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston, but welcome and good luck :)
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am in Abilene... welcome and Good luck..
  • IAmWonderWomanTo7
    IAmWonderWomanTo7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im in San Antonio, but you got this- keep reminding yourself that nothing is impossible.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dallas, but good luck to you!
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Wow, everyone is so far away LOL! Good luck to you as well! <3
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm near Houston, feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    It got cold up here in Dallas today. Where you able to get and walk today?
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm in Corpus Christi. Just moved here from Chicago about a month ago.
  • Edel2479
    Edel2479 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm from south texas but I wouldn't mind making new friends!! Feel free to add me!!
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    It got cold up here in Dallas today. Where you able to get and walk today?

I didn't I caught a nasty cold and have been down ever since, BUT I did log daily and try and make healthy choices :) I used to live in Dallas, It really does get cold there and more snow/ice than we get here in Tyler for sure!
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    nickylee76 wrote: »
    I'm in Corpus Christi. Just moved here from Chicago about a month ago.

Welcome to Texas! Corpus Christi is nice :) I love the Beach! I am from California originally.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @RemarkablyUnremarkable

I didn't I caught a nasty cold and have been down ever since, BUT I did log daily and try and make healthy choices :) I used to live in Dallas, It really does get cold there and more snow/ice than we get here in Tyler for sure!
    [/quote]
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. But hey, you managed to make lemonade out of it. Good job!
  • RxDreamer2
    RxDreamer2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3 hrs south of you on the gulf coast of TX. Outside of Nmt area. Feel free to add me though! Always looking for accountability!
  • RxDreamer2
    RxDreamer2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That should say BEAUMONT area. Lol.
  • bboyd223
    bboyd223 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm in Shreveport ..... You run 45 miles east....ill run 45 miles West and we can meet in the middle.
  • patti2010
    patti2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dallas, keep at it. I've dropped several sizes over the last 5 years. Just keep at it. I need mfp friends as well to keep me motivated. Paleo, low sugar exercise. Everyday. Ever meal Every time.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @patti2010
    That is awesome! I'm in Dallas too. My MFP friends have been so awesome! They are always supportive and have helped me shape the direction I'm taking to achieve my goals. I would definitely lost without them!