UK available Protein Powders

Options
Hi all, just wondering if any of you have any recommendations on Protein powders that are available in the UK that are not so saccharine sweet? Ive tried unflavoured whey but in all honesty I'm a lazy breakfast sort of person and ideally want a flavoured product that isn't overly sweet. Does such a product exist?

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Where are you shopping?

In the US, I either get whey protein locally or something at a discount store like Hemp or pea protein. I've even ordered online.
  • jadelois
    jadelois Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im shopping in the UK, either high street or online. Just wondering if there are any powders out there to blend into a shake that aren't super sweet but are still flavoured.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Do u like chocolate
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I find the vanilla ones taste really really sweet. At moment I am drinking ON gold standard whey in chocolate it tastes nice especially with almond milk. PhD pharma and anything genetic supplements are great. None of these are the cheapest but decent quality
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just order from myprotein.co.uk They're UK based, make powders that third party test well, have an amazing product range, and have the best prices I've ever seen.

ETA: you can order unflavored protein from them, and they sell a huge range of flavor drops so you can flavor your pro to taste and get identical overall quality to the flavored ranges.
  • jasonritson25
    jasonritson25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i get unflavoured Impact Whey Isolate from myprotein & at the moment im using chocolate peanut butter flavdrop
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    i get unflavoured Impact Whey Isolate from myprotein & at the moment im using chocolate peanut butter flavdrop

I've never tried those particular drops. How are they?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I use my protein whey and /or whey isolate. I use the unflavoured ones - I don't know what the flavoured ones are like.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    +1 for myprotein, good company to deal with.
    I like their soy isolate chocolate smooth one, good enough to just drink on its own with water but probably not what you're looking for.
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try Holland and Barrett
  • jasonritson25
    Options

ive tryed a couple banana & chocolate which were ok
    the chocolate peanut butter has been the worst so far it has a little chemical aftertaste (i just use less drops)
    but they contains zero calories & there is 17 flavours to choose from so there will be one you like
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

ive tryed a couple banana & chocolate which were ok
    the chocolate peanut butter has been the worst so far it has a little chemical aftertaste (i just use less drops)
    but they contains zero calories & there is 17 flavours to choose from so there will be one you like

I'd assume they have sucralose in them, as that's the common sweetener they use in their flavored powders. When that stuff's not heavily dispersed, the aftertaste can get rough. A lot of people don't realize just how concentrated a drop can be, when compared to trace amounts uniformly spread through a couple of pounds.
  • jasonritson25
    Options
    yeah mostly Sucralose
    i just use 3 drops
    i might try 1 of the Stevia flavours next

Apple Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Sucralose)

Banana Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Safflower Extract, Sweetener (Sucralose), Colour (Curcumin)

Chocolate Flavour: Natural Flavouring (Contains Caffeine), Sweetener (Sucralose), Colour (E150a)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavour: Flavouring, Colour (E150a), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Maple Flavour: Flavouring, Colour (E150a), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Mocha Flavour: Flavouring, Colour (E150a), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Peanut Butter Flavour: Flavouring, Sweetener (Sucralose)

Raspberry Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Colour (Beetroot Red, Carmine), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Stevia Apple Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

Stevia Banana Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

Stevia Chocolate Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

Stevia Raspberry Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

Stevia Strawberry Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

Strawberry Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Colour (Beetroot Red, Carmine), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Toffee Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Colour (E150a), Sweetener (Sucralose)

Vanilla Flavour: Natural Flavouring, Sweetener (Sucralose)

White Chocolate Flavour: Flavouring, Sweetener (Sucralose), Colour (E150a)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    I have some Stevia Chocolate Mint whey from them that I haven't opened yet. However, the normal choc mint with sucralose is pretty amazing. I'll probably try the stevia one as soon as my current cut is over next week.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Myprotein has a massive range of proteins. Not sure on the sweeteners used though.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Myprotein unflavoured with water, blended with a banana is great.
  • jadelois
    jadelois Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I shall have a play around with unflavoured and some flavour drops then i think :)