Does anyone else think these "person above" posts are idiotic?

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but it passes the time......The person above me has a strong first post, btw!
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yep lol
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    They seem a little bit OTT to me. But then, if I don't like them, I just don't read them...
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    It's a way to pass a long boring work day... and generally the 'person above' is better looking, has a better sense of humor and smells better than that guy sitting next to me.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    It's a way to pass a long boring work day... and generally the 'person above' is better looking, has a better sense of humor and smells better than that guy sitting next to me.

LOL..well said, unless the guy sitting beside you is your honey!
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options

LOL..well said, unless the guy sitting beside you is your honey!

Truthfully it's my dog. But please don't tell him. He gets upset when I tell him he stinks.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The message boards are frequently idiotic so I never noticed anything different.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

:D Awesome :)

They are what they are I guess. Some are fun, some aren't. The great thing is no one is forcing anyone to visit them.
  • Mistyfied_MD
    Mistyfied_MD Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes. Definitely. Seems a bit middle-schoolish, but as someone else said, it is what it is. I just don't participate since it's not my thing.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I never post in them.

And I rate the post above this one an 8.

Just kidding. :wink:
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ok, but I rate the poster a 10...except that I never rate people.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I think they can be fun - it's an easy way to get a compliment from a stranger sometimes ;)

Although I posted in one of those "rate the person above you" once and everyone who posted near me was getting 10 out of 10s and then the women below me gave me an 8 and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day LOL

That thread especially is nonsense, no one tells the truth lol
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    ooo...I hope they create that thread!!! I already know who I'd pick!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    They're mindless and fun and a good distraction. I've met lots of new friends view these threads. sometimes they get not very nice usually it's just stupid fun. Sometimes people want stupid fun to take their mind off of things
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    They're mindless and fun and a good distraction. I've met lots of new friends view these threads. sometimes they get not very nice usually it's just stupid fun. Sometimes people want stupid fun to take their mind off of things

There's my girl! xo Hugs Ali...

See OP...without these threads, we all wouldn't have the lovely connections we've made here. Those are priceless :)
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Isn't easier to just ignore/avoid threads we have no interest in? I know that I can get mindless and or (usually both) ignorant in a thread I want to be in, so why subject myself to what I don't like?

*shrug - have fun peoples
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I think its more idiotic to protest them
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just assumed the MFP 18+ age rule didn't apply in the chitchat section :tongue: