Any ladies with PCOS?

Options
Hi all,

Looking for any other women with PCOS to chat to in terms of creating goals and sticking to the plans! Whether you do keto, low-carb, no-carb or paleo it'd be good to work together to stick two fingers up to PCOS.

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. I only lose weight when I adhere strictly to my calorie allotment and keeping my carbs generally between 100-150 grams per day helps. I did low carb for a while and I did have great weight loss results, but it wasn't a good long term plan for me. There are some PCOS groups here as well that you may like.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    -hands up- iv managed to lose 60 pounds in 6 months with pcos. Is definatly doable. friends help feel free to message me :) not sure id be much help with specific diets though, I havent cut anything out
  • afiyaandrews
    afiyaandrews Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What did you do
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Add me! I don't watch my carbs, I found that too unsustainable. I just watch my calories and I'm 23lbs down so far.
  • Fayga
    Fayga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been on every diet program out there since I was 10 (Which btw isn't recommended anymore at that young an age). I've seen nutritionists, trainers, lost, gained, you name it. After recently putting back on weight due to a mix of inactivity of nursing school/studying, stress, and eating the wrong foods, I am motivated to lose again.
    I went to see a dietician who specializes in helping people with PCOS and she gave me really good tips! She suggested high protein with a good amount of healthy fats and low carb. Since being vegetarian a couple years ago, it's been a struggle to keep the weight off while eating the right amount of protein. It wasn't that I was over eating... just the balance was off. Ive only been doing this a few weeks now but I feel better. WERE IN THIS TOGETHER!
  • emilyrosefranc
    emilyrosefranc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, feel free to add me everyone <3
  • brittnihovious
    brittnihovious Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Absolutely , my sister and I both. People say it's hard to lose weight with it , it is but it's not an excuse let's work together to kick its *kitten* ! I've lost 45 lbs with pcos in a little less than 3 months . However I fell of the wagon and gained half back ! I need to lose another 57 lbs !
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have PCOS! Last December my gyno told me I needed to lose at least 15 pounds to see a reduction in symptoms. I mostly ignored her until spring of this year when I finally decided to get serious about my weight. I've lost 45 lbs in 6 months just by cutting calories, no special plan, no foods explicitly outlawed. I've found that when I'm being honest with myself and logging everything, the weight comes off. It's not easy, but it is simple. I see my doctor again in two week, and I am excited for her to see my progress!
  • lholland78
    lholland78 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I too have PCOS. I didn't gain any weight during a pregnancy two years ago but my hormones have gone haywire ever since, leading to breast milk supply issues and 25lbs of gain AFTER the pregnancy! I'm now at the weight I was at while I was pregnant! I need to lose about 70lbs to be where I want to be.

After struggling for years with all sorts of diets I'm just starting a LCHF keto diet. I am a vegetarian tho, for 20 years, so it's not going to be easy!

I MIGHT add fish. Still thinking about it.
  • lholland78
    lholland78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are some PCOS groups here as well that you may like.

New to these message boards, where might I find these groups?

• rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My wife has it and has done her homrwork. I'll see if I can get her to come to this thread.
  • dramisea
    dramisea Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. I only lose weight when I adhere strictly to my calorie allotment and keeping my carbs generally between 100-150 grams per day helps. I did low carb for a while and I did have great weight loss results, but it wasn't a good long term plan for me. There are some PCOS groups here as well that you may like.

Could you help me find those groups please! Thank you :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I am a member here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis There's also a non MFP site I used to go to and learned tons called www.soulcysters.net Not sure what it looks like now as I haven't been on it in a few years.
  • jenna1400
    jenna1400 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been living with Pcos for 15 years....I've dropped about 50 lbs overall with some serious calorie counting and working out pretty much daily. I gained weight recently (about 15 lbs pver 6 months) and had a very hard time dropping it again even with intense workouts and watching what I ate (soooo discouraging). I started intermittent fasting about a month ago and have since dropped about 8 lbs. It gets easier after the first week!