Am I dirty and gross or am I normal and justified??

Options
margieward82
margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
So here is my typical day:
6:30- wake up, have coffee
7:00- get baby up, dressed and fed
7:30- go for a morning walk/jog
8:30- make hubby breakfast, pack his lunch, etc
.... Run errands, play with baby, etc...
1:00- baby naps and I go lift weights (in home gym)
2:00- protien shake then SHOWER
2:30- baby is up, feed her and play and run errands/do chores

My question is: is staying in the same workout clothes from my morning run until after I finish my afternoon lifting session dirty/gross or is it normal and justified??

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    You're a mom. Completely normal and justified :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    No...it doesn't have to be...but by being a woman...be careful. There is more chance of a a UTI developing because of the bacteria growth. I would suggest a short 5 minute shower after your walk (use a shower cap if you have dry hair) and then have a 'real' shower when you can. The important thing is to keep yourself 'clean'.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm going to vote yuck! Sorry

I'm a stay at home mom too and I get out of those clothes (even if I can NOT squeeze in the shower) ASAP. Baby wipes are great for a quick wipe down when the kid (or husband) can not wait. So there are days where I change clothes a couple times, which is a pain but better than being in sweaty clothes.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You don't have time to take 2 showers a day. If it does not bother you then do not worry about it. If you feel it is becoming a problem due to "issues" in places then start taking a shower after your morning workout.
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My skin would hate me. But if you're not acne prone or super stinky (hehe) then it's probably not a big deal. If I didn't have to go to work, I'd probably do the same thing if I could get away with it! lol
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how much you sweat. If you don't sweat much, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are dripping then you should probably take a quick shower.
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My opinion, it's your body and your life, do it how you do and what works for you. :)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It happens to me, too, when I have rehearsal (I'm a dancer) and then have to go to a meeting, then meet a friend, then go teach, then, finally, go all the way back home on public transportation, all before I shower. =\ I think it's just part of life for those of us who try to "do it all". If I feel really gross, I may give myself a "paper towel bath" in the bathroom, and I have an extra pair of undies in my rehearsal bag in case I need it. But I think it's fine!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you were my wife, I wouldn't care what you wore if you made me breakfast and lunch everyday.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i would live in my dirty, grose, sweaty gym clothes... because they are so comfortable
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can't help but ask...if you have to ask, do you think it's gross? That being said, when I go ice skating in the mornings, I sometimes don't take off my sweaty clothes until later in the day, if I'm working from home or something. I guess it depends on how dirty I feel.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can baby wipe, change underwear, and get back into the sweats. That way, you only have to change the outer clothes once and the undies twice.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I do it all the time and have no problem with it. It's not a big deal :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm dirty and gross, too. I did take off my drippy, sweat soaked tee shirt, but I haven't showered yet.:blushing:
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    You're a mom. Completely normal and justified :)

QFT.
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Totally normal! Great daily plan!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd also say it depends on how sweaty you're getting durnig your run. I sweat pretty heavily when I run (but I'm a noob) so I'd have to shower or I'd get seriously itchy and rashy when the sweat dried on my skin. But if I just go for a quick walk or something low key like that, a shower's not always necessary.
    Also, since someone brought it up - besides UTIs, you could also be encouraging yeast infections. Ah, the pleasures of being a woman... ;-)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    From what you described about your morning, you are pretty hard core. You get to do whatever the heck you want. You motivate me.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Sounds like you found a nice routine that works for you, I'd definitely stick with it. Keep kickin' *kitten* man!