Where to find cherry baking chips in Canada?

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
I'm going to try to make this cherry mash bar my mom used to make. The problem is finding the cherry flavored baking chips. I know Hershey's has them, but finding Hershey's up here (Newfoundland) can be a nightmare. My first 2 options are Bulk Barn (not listed searching the website, but might be in store if I look) and Walmart. Anyone have other stores I can check?

It's not a huge let-down if I don't find cherry ones. I can sub with another flavor chip.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    That might be a real challenge. I have never seen them in stores around here (Ontario). Have you checked Amazon.ca?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I've never seen them here, but I'll ask my sis who is a baker.
  • zyxst
    Options
    That might be a real challenge. I have never seen them in stores around here (Ontario). Have you checked Amazon.ca?

Yes. Here's the lowest priced I found:
    b04am7dnianp.png
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Know anyone in the states who could mail them to you? Those prices are ridiculous.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    bulk barn, certain select stores, and then ask if they can special order just for you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    oh and yum to the cherry mash bar. so good. old school!,
  • Charlotteanneb
    Charlotteanneb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It might be worth checking Michael's, they have a confectionary section and you might find something there you can work with. Another option is to buy flavouring oils... they sell them at Bulk Barn and I think Michael's too. They would definitely have a cherry flavour that you could add to white chocolate to simulate the cherry chips.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Can you get cherry extract/flavoring? If so, maybe use that instead of vanilla and use white chocolate chips in the mix?
    I've never seen cherry chips (Vancouver) here. I would have given them a try, if I had. I have seen cherry extract.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It might be worth checking Michael's, they have a confectionary section and you might find something there you can work with. Another option is to buy flavouring oils... they sell them at Bulk Barn and I think Michael's too. They would definitely have a cherry flavour that you could add to white chocolate to simulate the cherry chips.

LOL! Just read your message, Charlotte.
    Sorry to double post an idea.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Yes. Here's the lowest priced I found:
    b04am7dnianp.png

All too often I find this with Amazon.ca. Many times you can order the same thing through Amazon.com or off Ebay for a much more reasonable price.
  • zyxst
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Know anyone in the states who could mail them to you? Those prices are ridiculous.

I have plenty of family who would be willing, but I'm still waiting for last year's birthday present from my sister. We can be just a tad lazy. :tongue:

I will see about getting flavoring oils and white chips. I did feel Bulk Barn would have them because they also have cinnamon, mint, butterscotch, and PB flavored chips, so why not cherry. We're heading to Walmart soon and I'm going to check the grocery aisles to be sure.