Weight gain suggestions for Skinny

Options
Hello all,
Im new to this forums and i have taken a resolution to pit on weight at any cost. im skinny and having 60 kgs for 28 Yrs. Could you please guide me to gain my weight by providing your valuable suggestion on nutrion food and useful workouts??
Does protien shakes are helpful to put on weight if so do i need to do workouts after consuming protien shakes??

Replies

• dharank
    dharank Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could you please elobarate on bulking? Sorry to be pain
  • dharank
    Options
    @MeganAM89 sorry Megan could you please rout me to Bulking
  • dharank
    Options
    Hey Thanks @MeganAM89 ... So can i be your buddy to take your suggestions
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat more than you burn. Lift some weights.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, try working out regularly, and eat a few hundred more calories than you burn. Protein shakes are good, but try a mass gainer to help you along.
  • trigden1991
    Options
    Sha1911 wrote: »
    Yeah, try working out regularly, and eat a few hundred more calories than you burn. Protein shakes are good, but try a mass gainer to help you along.

Protein shakes are good to get protein. "Mass gainers" are, for the most part, rubbish as they are packed with sugar to increase the calories.
  • dharank
    Options

Protein shakes are good to get protein. "Mass gainers" are, for the most part, rubbish as they are packed with sugar to increase the calories.

Could you please suggest best brand for 'Protien Shake'
  • trigden1991
    Options
    dharank wrote: »

It depends on what is available where you live, budget, taste preference. You can't go wrong with MyProtein if it's available.
  • afizul87
    afizul87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake is important.You need to know how much you need daily and do weight training.Im also trying to gain weight.Hopefully it'll work.
  • dharank
    Options

It depends on what is available where you live, budget, taste preference. You can't go wrong with MyProtein if it's available.
    Hello i love in london and im open to all the tastes. are you suggesting not to take any MyProtein products?
  • trigden1991
    Options

Hello i love in london and im open to all the tastes. are you suggesting not to take any MyProtein products?

MyProtein is good.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

MyProtein is good.

My protein is great - I use the unflavoured one. I have a chronic gut condition and this one gives me no problems
  • tam741
    tam741 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've added 6 pounds in a couple weeks just by consuming small, nutritious snacks through out the day. I'm literally eating something every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (I make sure I am able to work a job that permits this.) And with the three big meals, I make sure I eat bread at every sitting. In addition, I'm at the gym or doing yoga 3-4 times a week.

At 54, I look like I'm in a 20-year old body! The struggle to gain has been a long one for me. The solution has been to track where the calories are lost. I wasn't doing that until I found this app.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and full fat milk... job done!
  • hansonmedical2
    hansonmedical2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would say just workout, eat 500 calories above your maintenance calories, and sleep well. You'll gain weight. If you are getting chubby then just cut back on the cals.