Am I the only one who LIKES doms?

Options
I took a week off of lifting, getting back to regular routine plus a two hour spin class tore up my legs. Could barely take a seat and walking up stairs was nearly impossible. Sort of disappointed that I'm pretty much recovered, only quads still a little sore.

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm happy without to be honest. I used like the sore "pumped" feeling, but I feel much better not having that painful soreness.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I kind of enjoy it too

But then I'm a little twisted
  • D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Haha @SueDonim
    I like them in certain areas like biceps triceps chest area legs and back not so much I guess I'm only half twisted :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being a little sore and I'm almost always a little sore...full on DOMs though? Not something I particularly enjoy.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I like the used muscle feeling but not the "can't guide my *kitten* smoothly to the toilet because I misjudged that" doms.
  • rlaramee2
    rlaramee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I kind of enjoy it too

But then I'm a little twisted

Same here. I used to run marathons just for the pain in my muscles.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Tried a new workout on Wednesday....and only today can I walk upright, without saying "ooh..ow...ee..." Neck, shoulders, arms, rhomboids, lower back, butt, hamstrings...everything has been stiff and sore!

Personally I'd rather not partake, thanx.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I actually do enjoy it. I feel that if some part of my body isn't in a stage of "sore" recovery, I haven't worked out enough or hard enough.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a little bit of soreness but if it starts to interfere with my workouts later in the week I do not enjoy especially since I work legs 3-4x per week.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Generally i'm not a big fan but sometimes I really like it, especially if it's in a place i'm trying to build like my lats.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly content without it.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've had those crazy, walking up steps on all fours, doms when I first started weighted lunges. Those are my favorite. Kind of hard to feel like you aren't doing enough when you're in such pain.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Since I only rarely get them I love them. Day in day out no thanks though.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Inb4 you must not train hard enough :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Inb4 you must not train hard enough :)

Bahahahaha. Anyone who thinks that is more than welcome to attempt one week of my programming.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    As others have said, depends on the degree. Having a little bit that I can mostly relieve by moving a bit makes me feel like I am still improving. Having them so bad I can barely move and tears are coming out of my eyes to do anything is something I would happily avoid pretty much forever.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    No, not really. I don't mind being a little sore, but the way my workout schedule works too much DOMS interferes with my running and I don't really like that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    a little sore is fine but when you have to grab the sink and the tub to lower yourself to the toilet? ummm not so much. or when you are in the store and have to squat down to reach something on a lower shelf and have to use the shelves to get your back up,no thank you. or even when its hard to lift your legs to go up and down the stairs,thats too much lol. if anyone likes being so sore they can barely move then they have issues lol
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    if anyone likes being so sore they can barely move then they have issues lol

I do enjoy it, I cannot lie. At the same time it is just miserable. Im not sure if it's that I like it so much as I just start laughing at myself (almost uncontrollably!). I just think about what spectacle I must be to other people and then think that only I would do this to myself.
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

sardelsa wrote: »
    I don't mind a little bit of soreness but if it starts to interfere with my workouts later in the week I do not enjoy especially since I work legs 3-4x per week.

That's my issue as well. It's nice to feel like you hit the muscles right but it's harder to get going the next workout.