Diet Soda Alternatives (with a stipulation)

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Quick Update: Spent a ridiculous amount of time in the tea isle at the store reading ingredients labels and walked out with like 8 boxes lol. There were also directions on how to make cold tea, so I'm going to try it this afternoon and think I've found a great diet soda substitute (wanted something cold, sweet and phosphoric and citric acid free and this should work). Thanks again everyone for the suggestions !

Hope you find a few you like cold! I don't follow the directions, I just put the bag in cold water and wait a bit. Plenty "steeped".
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Iced tea? You can even get cold brew tea bags. To make it sweet without calories, add sucralose (Splenda).

You don't even need the cold brew bags if you plan ahead, and by that I mean a day or two. Put normal tea bags and let steep a day or two.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to flavored carbonated beverages. I need the bubbly :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Put some mint leaves in it? Not sure if mint has citric acid....I also like melon in my water. A little slice of honey dew or cantelope...again not sure how much citric acid is in those. Muddle some blueberries? The internet (awesome news source that it is) tells me that blueberries are the only berry without citric acid. Who knew?

Also, I know you are moving away from soda but a lot of root beers don't have citric acid...You have to read the bottle but the expensive hand crafted ones usually don't. You can also make your own root beer....my granny used to make it when we were little. so good. I miss it.

This^

A&W Diet Root Beer is the lowest acid thing out there (reflux issues for me). Don't buy Barq's root beer, it's not as low (uses a different type of acid).

I love my "very berry" iced green tea.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You might enjoy jamaica - the drink made with hibiscus, it's tangy and refreshing.

Mostly, though, I'd say just use a straw for drinks you think too acidic for your teeth, and have a glass of water after, and don't brush your teeth directly after eating or drinking. It doesn't make sense to me to limit so much.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    after not finding any diet soda detox centers in my area

I don't have any helpful advice, but I do have hot cider in my sinuses now. XD

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Flavored sparkling water

Look for a brand that just contains water and "natural flavor" like La Croix
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Could another option be seeing your dentist to get a coating on your teeth to help protect your enamel better?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ysalinas wrote: »
    Here is a link to a page with varieties of infused water. Including infusing herbs into water.
    http://www.infusedwaters.com/

I do not have a fancy infuser/water bottle. I use the mesh reusable k-cup and drop it into my water bottle.

Hope you can find some options here.
    Thank you for the link

• Phalina83
    Phalina83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kombucha is a fermented, naturally effervescent drink that tastes a lot like soda. You can probably find it at your local health food/natural foods store or you can make your own. I walk down to my local market to have some kombucha nearly every day now. I find it helps to satisfy those "fizzy drink" cravings.