Working off those Thanksgiving calories

Options
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! What are you doing to work off those extra calories you consumed yesterday?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over my calories, but when I do its no big deal.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Back to normal. I did my max30 and will take the dogs for a long walk later.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I like to think of putting up the Christmas decorations as my extra post Thanksgiving work out - I am a crazy lights person for Christmas and so that is like a workout in itself (the up and down the ladder alone is more than I would normally do outside of planned exercise because I have a desk job). And all the Thanksgiving prep is a good workout for me too - I am not the best at keeping the place neat, so when I have to do all the heavy duty cleaning (I seriously vacuumed at least 7 times and mopped/cleaned the floor 3 times in the past few days) helps too. I don't count it as exercise calories, but I know I am getting a bit more of a workout than normal on those days. I usually do the decorations today but yesterday I managed to slam my head (wasn't paying attention) and it still hurts so I am using that as my excuse to be lazy today so I will be doing it tomorrow.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Eh. There are only so many calories my body can take in during one meal. How many calories does it take to put on one pound? Less than that. I'll just keep going and ignore yesterday.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Nothing out of the ordinary here for vacation. :) Probably a walk later, as usual? And a workout (DVD). We just got back in from miniature golfing and go-karting.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Did some endurance running today and yesterday. Yesterday 14km + 1m cool down and today 15km + 1m cool down. I normally don't have time to do more than 4 miles at one go, so doing 9 was...interesting. I woke up this morning with muscles I have never noticed in my life complaining. My whole neck, front to back is sore, shoulders sore, whatever muscles stabilize the space between your ribcage and hip on your flanks sore. After I got done running yesterday, I was driving home and for awhile, felt like something was sitting on my chest. It went away by the time I got home. This morning, yep, whole chest sore. But my legs are like whatever, let's run some more.

Anyway, I think that's it for me until Monday. I ain't going to lie, I am exhausted - mostly also because I had to come home from this yesterday and cook the meal and then today I spent a good three hours straight on household chores. Nap and lazy weekend sounds great right now.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Nothing special, just back to normal routine today, with normal amount of calorie intake.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, as usual
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged Thanksgiving on Wednesday night, so I had a plan for hitting my calorie and macro targets. Nothing extra to work off. Sure glad to be out of the car, though - 10 hours on the road with three kids is a very, very long day.
  • NicoleMarie2486
    NicoleMarie2486 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged Thanksgiving on Wednesday night, so I had a plan for hitting my calorie and macro targets. Nothing extra to work off. Sure glad to be out of the car, though - 10 hours on the road with three kids is a very, very long day.

That was a good idea! I'll be making a little over ten hour trip with my 3 little ones around Christmas time. They are 6,3, and 4 months...I'm sure we will be making frequent stops lol
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I was okay for dinner, but overdid it on dessert, and we still have pie left over. I just did my normal exercise, with maybe a bit extra on my runs. After 8 miles on Wednesday and 7.5 today, I don't feel quite as guilty about yesterday.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over yesterday.

I could have, I had "banked" some calories earlier in the week, but I decided I'd rather see the loss on the scale.

Plus, honestly, I was full after veggies, turkey, and a bit of dressing and I no longer subscribe to eat just to eat magazine.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Used the extra fuel for leg day..set a new PR.